Accessing from the web
Posted by: AJsWebCreations (---.res.bhn.net)
Date: April 15, 2013 12:01AM

I want to be able to give my client a web address so they can view there site as I work on it on my localhost server. This is on the main Wamp page "switch online/offline (give access to everyone or only localhost)"
I see the online button in the wamp control panel but do not know how to set things up so it can be accessed from the web. I can not find any kind of read me on this.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Accessing from the web
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: April 15, 2013 10:12AM

Aj,

1. use the wampmanager menu 'Put Online'. This changes the apache security to allow access from the world.

2. Look up PORT FORWARDING in your router documentation, so you can forward port 80 to the PC inside your network that is running WAMP.

3. Do some research on DYNAMIC DNS. This will allow you to give a half reasonable domain name to your new test site so your clients can use that rather than your ip address.

4.Look up VIRTUAL HOSTS, its an apache feature to allow you to host multiple named sites on a a single ip address using a single apache instance.

It would be far more secure if you started by putting your test site into a vistual host, this allows you to leave WAMP Offline but also allow access to the ONE test site from any ip or specific ip's with relative ease.

Re: Accessing from the web
Posted by: AJsWebCreations (---.res.bhn.net)
Date: April 15, 2013 01:17PM

Ok thanks for the information I will try to work that out.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.