WAMPSERVER 3.0.0
Posted by: JKDesignGC (---.hsd1.tn.comcast.net)
Date: November 13, 2015 12:20AM

Hello, and first time posting to this forum. I have been using WAMP Server for about two and a half years now. Not a stranger to it, but some might call that still new.

I am going through a computer rebuild at present and decided to go ahead and get going with 2.5 now that I could afford the time for the necessarily lengthy rework of my local web environment. After about two days of solid work, I have it 'mostly' working. So on that point, huzzah!

Today I received a notification from SourceForge.net that a WAMPServer 3.0 is now available. Given the fact that I am in a rebuilding stage here, and given some of the, shall we say, unpleasant idiosyncrasies of 2.5 (well reasoned or not), I decided to investigate 3.0 further.

I looked first at WAMPServer.com for any new information. I only see the normal links to 2.5 and no reference to a 3.0. I consider this very odd and makes me suspicious of the Source Forge link.

Whats the haps? Is the link legitimate? Is there a new version? If so, I would like to know more. And why would you update it there before you announce and release at your home page? If the link is not legitimate, what is being linked to from Source Forge? Is this just a mistake or is something shady going on there?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2015 09:58AM by Otomatic.

Options: ReplyQuote
WAMPSERVER 3.0.0
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: November 13, 2015 09:58AM

Hi,

After several contacts with Alter Way, it was decided that if I wanted and as they no longer wanted to change Wampserver, I could make changes and they would give me help for implementations.

After several changes in the installation and testing by RiggsFolly, the final version of the 3.0.0 installer Wampserver was posted on SourceForge.

I know that SourceForge has had some problems, but I could not host the downloads on my "little" website.
It's Alter Way (Hervé Leclerc), who set up the download on SourceForge.

To reassure you, these are Particular features of the file:

Final version of the installer Wampserver 3.0.0 32 bits
- Apache 2.4.17
- PHP 5.6.15
- Mysql 5.7.9
- phpmyadmin 4.5.1
- phpsysinfo 3.2.3
- sqlbuddy1.3.3
- xdebug dll 2.3.3

http://sourceforge.net/projects/wampserver/files/WampServer 3/WampServer 3.0.0/

Size : 71 132 857 octets - MD5 730DA26BB086F01245234EFBDAE9BC82

--- Installation
- Bilingual: English or French
- Can not install over an existing version
- Can not install in a path with spaces
- Browser Choice
- Choice of the text editor
- Viewing information prior to installation (install-english.txt file)
- Viewing information after installing (read_after_install-english.txt file)

--- Uninstall
- Confirmation request with warning text
- If confirmation, total removal of the installation folder.

In a while, the "Download" page of wampserver.com should be amended to give the link on Wampserver 3.0.0
They might expect the output Wampserver 3.0.0 64 bit, but I leave that version until PHP 7.0.0 64-bit will be officially released.
In my humble opinion, only PHP 7.0.0 will bring a true 64-bit support.

I apologize for my bad English (I'm French!) And I hope you understand what I tried to explain.

Dominique Ottello - Paris - France - aka Otomatic.

Please note : I allowed myself to change somewhat the title of your message.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Re: WAMPSERVER 3.0.0
Date: November 13, 2015 06:48PM

Hi,

The "addons" to add:
- PHP 5.3.29
- PHP 5.4.45
- PHP 5.5.30
to Wampserver 3.0.0 are here :
http://sourceforge.net/projects/wampserver/files/WampServer 3/WampServer 3.0.0/Addons/

Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Posted by: JKDesignGC (---.hsd1.tn.comcast.net)
Date: November 13, 2015 07:18PM

Thank you for the reply, Otomatic. I have seen your name about the forums quite a bit, but didn't know your involvement level. I will say, you have a fantastic command of English compared to my complete inability to contribute anything to the discussion in French, so you owe no apology there.

I am curious about your statement regarding Alter Way no longer wanting to change WAMP Server. Does this mean that they have released responsibility for maintaining the project into your care?

I see that there are updated versions of many of the component parts of the stack.

Aside from these version changes, what is different about 3.0.0?

( No problem about the Forum Title change. It sounds like it reads more appropriately now. )

-=JK=-

Date: November 13, 2015 07:55PM

Hi,

Detailled answer tomorrow, with history since 2004. Now I use Smartphone and it is not simple to write long text. The PC is in backup time.

Date: November 14, 2015 10:50AM

Hi,

As a preamble to my answer to your questions, I wish to state what follow:
Anger and disgust, that's what inspires me the assassins who yesterday evening struck in Paris, with the usual cowardly terrorist, sowing death at random, perfect minions of the ideology of hatred and killing.
These barbarians of God whose heroism is to kill innocent people, massacred blindly, because they want to put France in shock, sider it, paralyzing it, divide it.
But in the name of true martyrs of yesterday, the innocent victims, « The France » will remain united to face.
--------------------------------------------------------------

> I am curious about your statement regarding Alter Way no longer wanting to change WAMP Server
I have to make a history of my relations with Wampserver, more it will change my mind!

In 2004, after I retire (And yes, I'm 71 years old), my buddies of fr.rec.aviation (Usenet newsgroup) have prompted me to make a website** to tell not only my career but also all that had contributed; that is to say the Vilgénis Instruction Center where I spent four years learning in boarding (1960-1964); the story of "prawn", Air France logo; and the history of all Lockheed Constellation used by Air France.

At the time, all I found such "tricks" to create online sites did not suit me, I knew nothing at all in HTML, PHP and MySQL. I looked for a "thing" that would allow me to create, to my total convenience, a site directly at home, on my PC.
And this "thing" was Wamp, created by Romain Bourdon.
I was very happy with it and, around 2005 or 2006 (I do not remember the exact date), I met Romain in a Symphosium the "free software" in the exhibition center. We talked, and later on this forum*, we have continued and there, I started "helping" others from Wamp.

From Wamp, we are moved to Wamp5 and Anaska (The Romain company) left hand to Alter Way. I continued to suggest improvements. Then I became a "moderator" of the forums.
And to my delight, there a few years ago, I discovered that in the English forum, there was a "guy" who was helping many users, effectively; This "guy" is RiggsFolly.

We conversed, through an intermediary messaging; we exchanged our ideas and procedures; he translated my "tips"; I translated his. That's how we were able to have on the two forums the same "Troubleshooting Tips" with the same numbering.

Meanwhile, I continued to propose changes to Alter Way, especially after the disaster of Wampserver 2.4.
Wampserver 2.5 was released by Alter Way with most of my proposals, but unfortunately not all of which gave two main bugs:
- No creation of all symbolic links
- Big mix of php.ini if several Apache versions.

I continued to propose improvements (2.5 to 2.5.18) which, each time were "haloed" by Alter Way.
Since 1 May 2014 and the realization of Wampserver 2.5, Alter Way did not come out new versions.
There are about six weeks, I strongly insisted that they realize a new version (It's been more than 18 months after Wampserver 2.5) and it was there that I was told they had no time to do it, especially since he had to completely rewrite the installation procedure.
But they assured me that if I myself was doing the installation procedure, then they would take care of the set up on Sourceforge and GitHub.
So three weeks ago, I knew absolutely nothing about Inno Setup. Again, I conducted exchanges with RiggsFolly that performed the tests and correct translations in English.
Et voila!

> Aside from these version changes, what is different about 3.0.0?
You can see the changes here:
"MY" WampServer modifications from 2.5 to 2.5.18
But in the end of Wampserver 3.0.0, there are a few additional modifications.

* Which began in 2004, much earlier than show archived messages. There was a crash at the forum in 2007 without backup, and everything could not be recovered. Many users had to register again

** http://aviatechno.net - Sorry, only in French.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2015 01:57PM by Otomatic.

Posted by: rodrigo5 (189.43.143.---)
Date: November 24, 2015 05:03PM

Good morning, my name is Rodrigo, I am Brazilian and I wonder how I can contribute in wampserver with a translation into Portuguese. There is a repository on github that can contribute? Otomatic his testimony motivated me to want to help the wampserver. I believe that the wampserver with the help of the community will grow too.

sorry for my bad english

(Windows 10 Pro 64 bit) - Wampserver 3.0.0 32 bit
Apache 2.4.17/2.2.31 - PHP 5.6.16/7.0.0/5.5.30/5.4.45/5.3.29
MySQL 5.7.9 - PhPMyAdmin 4.5.2

Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL
my web site: [rodrigoalves.me]

Date: November 24, 2015 05:59PM

Hi,

For Aestan Tray menu, the names of items already exist, mostly in the language file: wamp\lang\portuguese.lang
It may lack a few items from the reference file: wamp\lang\english.lang

For items added as Tools or Settings, the reference language file is:
wamp\lang\modules\settings_english.php
and there is no
wamp\lang\modules\settings_portuguese.php file.

The files currently on Github are old. (https://github.com/alterway/wampserver).
They were put there at my request by Alter Way, but access is "private" and I do not think that Alter Way allows public access. I have not taken the time to update to 3.0.0 Wampserver, especially since I'm a newbie in using GitHub.

However, you can watch if the Portuguese language file is correct and nothing is missing. And you can create a file wamp\lang\modules\settings_portuguese.php.

As Aestan Tray does not support utf-8, use only ANSI (Windows) charset with DOS/Windows ends line.

When the files are ready (I'm in no hurry) you can send them to me. I would put them in an update; Now I can do it with Inno Setup winking smiley

Thank you for your kind proposal.

Note: Why are there no problems if the language file does not exist or is incomplete?
In all cases, it is the English language file that is loaded first, then, if it exists, the file of the selected language. So nonexistent items in the files of the selected language will be English.

Date: November 29, 2015 10:55AM

Installer for Wampserver 3.0.0 32 bits
- Apache 2.4.17
- PHP 5.6.15
- Mysql 5.7.9
- phpmyadmin 4.5.1
- phpsysinfo 3.2.3
- sqlbuddy1.3.3
- xdebug dll 2.3.3

--- Installation
- Bilingual: English or French
- Can not install over an existing version
- Can not install in a path with spaces
- Browser Choice
- Choice of the text editor
- Viewing information prior to installation (install-english.txt file)
- Viewing information after installing (read_after_install-english.txt file)

--- Uninstall
- Confirmation request with warning text
- If confirmation, total removal of the installation folder.

The changes from Wampserver 2.5 are here:
"MY" WampServer modifications from 2.5 to 2.5.18
plus three or four other improvements.

Before downloading installer, it is necessary to read this prerequisites:
BEFORE proceeding with the installation of Wampserver, you must ensure that certain elements are installed on your system, otherwise Wampserver will absolutely not run, and in addition, the installation will be faulty and you need to remove Wampserver BEFORE installing the elements that were missing.
--- Make sure you are "up to date" in the redistributable packages VC9, VC10, VC11, VC13 and VC14
See --- Visual C++ Packages below.
--- Do not install Wampserver OVER an existing version, follow the advice:
Install a new version of Wampserver
If you install Wampserver over an existing version, not only it will not work, but you risk losing your existing databases.
--- Install Wampserver in a folder at the root of a disk, for example C:\wamp or D:\wamp. Take an installation path that does not include spaces or diacritics; Therefore, no installation in c: \ Program Files\ or C: \ Program Files (x86\
--- We must BEFORE installing, disable or close some applications:
- Close Skype or force not to use port 80
Item No. 04 of the Wampserver TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS
- Disable IIS
Item No. 08 of the Wampserver TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS
If these prerequisites are not in place, Press the Cancel button to cancel the installation, then apply the prerequisites and restart the installation.
--- Visual C++ Packages ---
The MSVC runtime libraries VC9, VC10, VC11 are required for Wampserver 2.4, 2.5 and 3.0, even if you use only Apache and PHP versions with VC11. Runtimes VC13, VC14 is required for PHP 7 and Apache 2.4.17
-- VC9 Packages (Visual C++ 2008 SP1) Two packages x86 and x64
[www.microsoft.com]
[www.microsoft.com]
-- VC10 Packages (Visual C++ 2010 SP1) Two packages x86 and x64
[www.microsoft.com]
[www.microsoft.com]
-- VC11 Packages (Visual C++ 2012 Update 4)
The two files VSU4\vcredist_x86.exe and VSU4\vcredist_x64.exe to be download are on the same page:
[www.microsoft.com]
-- VC13 Packages] (Visual C++ 2013[)
The two files VSU4\vcredist_x86.exe and VSU4\vcredist_x64.exe to be download are on the same page:
[www.microsoft.com]
-- VC14 Packages (Visual C++ 2015)
The two files vcredist_x86.exe and vcredist_x64.exe to be download are on the same page:
[www.microsoft.com]
If you have a 64-bit Windows, you must install both 32 and 64bit versions, even if you do not use Wampserver 64 bit.
This is item number 20 of TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS

--- INSTALLER FOR WAMPSERVER 3.0.0 IS HERE ---
-- The installer must be run "as an administrator" --
http://sourceforge.net/projects/wampserver/files/WampServer 3/WampServer 3.0.0/

Size : 71 132 857 octets - MD5 730DA26BB086F01245234EFBDAE9BC82

There is also installers for "addons" to add:
- PHP 5.3.29
- PHP 5.4.45
- PHP 5.5.30
to Wampserver 3.0.0 here :
http://sourceforge.net/projects/wampserver/files/WampServer 3/WampServer 3.0.0/Addons/

Date: November 29, 2015 10:56AM

Wampserver 3.0.0 - Create or add a VirtualHost

With Wampserver 3.0.0, you can create a VirtualHost with few clicks.
For ease of explanation, here are some names:
- sitefolder : folder in which you want to host the local site
- sitename : name that will be called the local site (http://sitename/)

First, choose where we want to host your local site, it can be a folder in Wampserver as wamp/www/sitefolder/ but this is not mandatory; this host folder can be anywhere on the hard drive, avoiding the paths comportants spaces; for simplicity of explanation we choose c:\sitefolder\.
The folder that you want to host the site from must exist before creating the VirtualHost. So create it with Explorer, launched as administrator(See bottom of page *) :
- Move in the disk tree to where we want to create the folder "sitefolder"
- Right-Click, New -> Folder
- Then type the folder name

- Lauch Wampserver, wait for icon W gren
- Wampmanager Icon -> localhost
We arrive on the home page Wampserver, without Your VirtualHosts menu in the lower right (This is normal, just after installing Wampserver)
- Click Add Virtual Host in your Tools menu at the bottom left
We arrive on the Add Virtualhost page in which it is required to validate the VirtualHost submenu, then:
- Right-Click Wampserver Icon -> Wamp Parameters -> VirtualHosts submenu

We reload the Add VirtualHost page via the options of the browser or by clicking on the link at the top Add a VirtualHost
There, a green border box message indicates things to do, no problem, it'll be all alone if you click on the large button down, noted:
- Click on "Start the automatic correction of errors inside the green borders panel"
Arriving there, everything is ready in order to create his first VirtualHost
- In the form
-- For « Name of the Virtual Host No diacritical characters (éçëñ) - No space - No underscore(_) », we type:
sitename
-- For « Complete absolute path of the VirtualHost folder Examples: C:/wamp/www/projet/ or E:/www/site1/ », we type:
c:\sitefolder\
And validates the form by the button:
- Start the creation of the VirtualHost
As stated: It can take some time.

After this "time" it is stated that unfortunately certain operations required for the recognition by Windows and and Apache of this new VirtualHost can not be performed automatically by the browser, so, as shown:
- Right-Click Wampmanager Icon -> Tools -> Restart DNS
Wait until the icon turns green.
Click on Back to home
You now have Your VirtualHost Your menu, at right with such items:
- localhost
- sitename
Likewise, you also have this submenu Your VirtualHosts with Wampmanager icon.

Now everything is ready to set up your local site in the folder c:\sitefolder\ indicating, if required during the installation, that the URL is (http://sitename/) (Without parentheses).

Nota 1 : This procedure was written in real time from a blank installation Wampserver.
Nota 2 : This is a hundred times longer to write than done!

*To launch an application, via its shortcut, as administrator :
- Right-click on the shortcut, Properties
- Shortcut tab
- Advanced button
- Select Run as Administrator
- OK, Apply, OK

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2016 08:29PM by RiggsFolly.

Date: December 04, 2015 05:01PM

Hello,

Until the files are put at Sourceforge (I do not have the key to do so)

PHP 7.0.0 is officially released, here the installer Wampserver 3.0.0 64 bit
- Apache 2.4.17
- MySQL 5.7.9
- PHP 5.6.16
- PHP 7.0.0
- PhpMyAdmin 4.5.2
wampserver3_x64_apache2.4.17_mysql5.7.9_php5.6.16_php7.0.0.exe
The prerequisites are the same as for the 32-bit version
Size : 93341184 bytes - MD5 : 866131DB7828613EC37A06285B7CDDFF

Installer addon PHP 7.0.0 for Wampserver 3.0.0 32 bit
wampserver3_x86_addon_php7.0.0.exe

Installer addon PHP 5.6.16 for Wampserver 3.0.0 32 bit
wampserver3_x86_addon_php5.6.16.exe

Installer addon Apache 2.2.31 for Wampserver 3.0.0 32 bit
wampserver3_x86_addon_apache2.2.31.exe

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.