phpMyAdmin: #1045 Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost
Posted by: sjlevine34 (---.ded.swbell.net)
Date: March 25, 2013 09:58PM

I am currently running WampServer Version 2.2 on Windows XP. I was able to access MySQL on this machine and even create tables and a view. However, when I changed the root password from blank to non-blank, I started getting the error #1045 -- Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO). I have done the following to no avail:
1. Identified the config.inc.php file and substituted my password in the $cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] declaration.
2. Restored the root password to '' in both the config.inc.php file and MySQL.
3. Uninstalled the WAMP Server and totally deleted the /wamp directory, which contained all components of the WampServer. I then obtained an updated install file from the website and reinstalled all components of WampServer, including MySQL, Apache, and MyPhpAdmin. Still got this error.
4. I rebooted my PC but still got this error.

I verified that MySQL right now does not have a root password by going into the console. Furthermore, the tables I had previously prepared were gone, confirming a fresh installation.

Any ideas? I would like to be able to learn and use MyPhpAdmin and the Wamp Environment. But I need to be able to get into MyPhpAdmin to do so.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: phpMyAdmin: #1045 Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost
Posted by: sjlevine34 (---.ded.swbell.net)
Date: March 25, 2013 10:34PM

Nevermind.

Deleting the old wamp directory from the recycle bin seems to have solved the problem.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2013 10:34PM by sjlevine34.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.