Sometimes my website stucks loading for a while
Posted by: Irto (---.dhcp.inet.fi)
Date: March 15, 2013 09:42PM

Hey,

I've been using WAMP for a while now. From the beginning I've noticed that sometimes when I enter my websites they seems to load oddly long. I think it might load the page for a minute or two, usually I just close the tab and try again later. Any idea what's causing it? If this occurs it never loads anything - just blank page until it finally starts actually loading.

I'm running two online websites with different managed DNS's provided by noip. I've also disabled IPv6.
My websites doesn't run anything important so haven't actually never tried to search fix for it, but at the moment I'm hosting couple of "semi" important portfolios for my friends which I'd like to have 24/7 access right away. Well, usually the access is 24/7 but not always right away.

Any ideas? Oh and, I'm not so professional with such things, so if you'll explain something or help, use terms for grannies smiling smiley Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sometimes my website stucks loading for a while
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: March 18, 2013 11:03AM

Are you running Windows 8.

If so you could try changing the mysql_connect statement. Instead of using 'localhost' as the address of the server, use '127.0.0.1'. Not sure why using localhost causes slow connections but it seems to.

Date: March 18, 2013 11:12AM

Nope, I use 7.
I don't use localhost or 127.0.0.1 on connecting to the websites, I use address.no-ip.org/subfolders.

Thanks for the reply!

Date: March 18, 2013 11:15AM

But do you use a mysql database?

Date: March 18, 2013 11:17AM

Oh yeah, I do. I got few Wordpress sites using it. What do you mean by "changing the mysql_connect statement."?

Oh and, my wamp mysql port is 3307, I guess the default was 3306. This shouldn't make any difference, since it's open as it should be?

Date: March 18, 2013 11:27AM

As its W7 this may not solve the issue but just in case.

For wordpress sites there is a file called wp-config.php

In there is a parameter like this

/** MySQL hostname */
define('DB_HOST', 'localhost');

try changing localhost to 127.0.0.1 and see if it helps. If not change it back again.

Date: March 18, 2013 11:28AM

Allright, thanks!

I have to test it for a while tho, but I'll post back here the results.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.