Need assistance, please.
Posted by: IT Guy (---.dhcp.sgnw.mi.charter.com)
Date: February 25, 2013 12:30AM

Hey guy's and thanks for reading! I am running into I guess what could be called a sticky situation. I just installed a fresh copy of wamp server. Put my HTML coded files into the WWW directory and put wamp online. Everything works great, users can once again access my website.

So I move onto the next part, Installing MyBB. I get the .zip file, Extract it, then rename it mybb. I put it too in the WWW directory and went to localhost/mybb/install.

NOTE: (I made a mybb database but for some reason I cannot get the root user to show a password. Meaning I changed the password for all the root user and I still get a message saying its default and not secure?

I left the password blank and the mybb installed correctly. If I go to the forums on the wamp server computer everything works great. But when someone else on (and off) my network tries to access them they just get this ugly looking plain text effect. No images no nothing but text like structure.

The same effect someone gets when the URL directory has been changed thinking its the URL to the website. (But I have done no configureing of WAMP everything is defualt) so why is this?

Again guy's thanks for taking the time to read this hope someone understands whats going on! Talk to ya soon.

-IT Guy

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.