New Installation; WAMP does not start; orange icon
Posted by: deonholt (---.access.mtnbusiness.co.za)
Date: January 22, 2013 12:48PM

Good day and thank you for your help.

Machine: Windows 7 Prof, 64 Bit
Anti Virus: Avast - free version

I have just, for the 1st time, downloaded and installed WAMP 2.2E with PHP 5.3 and chose Chrome as my default browser during installation.
I did not pick up any error messages and the installation finished after I have also allowed Apache on the firewall.
After it has prompted for start and i opted fr yes, the wamp launched, icon turned red and then orange. When I click on "Put online" I get a pop-up message saying:
Could not execute menu item (internal error) [Exception] Could not perform service action: The service has not been started.

I will appreciate it is someone can help me to get wamp up and running on my machine.
Regards,
Deon

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New Installation; WAMP does not start; orange icon
Posted by: JayJay (---.oc.oc.cox.net)
Date: January 23, 2013 06:23PM

I had the same problem. I went to Apache -> Service -> Test port 80. It complained port 80 was used by Skype. So I turned off Skype and then WAMP worked.

So now the question is, how do I run WAMP and Skype at the same time? I'm guessing I have to change WAMPs port. To do so I went into Apache -> httpd.conf

There is aline that says: Listen 80. I changed it to Listen 8000 which I believe tells Apache to listen on port 8000 now instead of 80.

Afterwards I was able to start Skype and run WAMP at the same time.

I'm a newbie at Apache and WAMP so if anyone could comment on the implication of these changes I'd appreciate it.

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: January 23, 2013 08:57PM

No the other way round. Configure Skype to not use port 80 like so:-

Tools -> Option -> Advanced -> Connection

Uncheck the checkbox that say ' Use port 80 & 443 as alternatives .....'

Skype will run just fine and so will APache

Posted by: sudhasrs (117.217.241.---)
Date: February 09, 2013 06:09AM

am new to wampserver.. after installed it shows Could not execute menu item (internal error) [exception] Could not perform service action. The service has not been started. pls help me

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: February 09, 2013 02:22PM

Read the STICKY note on the forum

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.