Un-/Re- installing WAMP, wordpress, etc
Posted by: jgabriel (---.73-24.tampabay.res.rr.com)
Date: January 22, 2013 07:44PM

Hello!
I've gotten myself in over my head with my installs, and was hoping for someone to give the following the "okay" before I proceed!
I'm building a website with wordpress software, and developing locally (wampserver2.2). I tried adding another site-build to my localhost (completely different site / a site my brotehr wants to build), and have created a mess. Between having moved my www folders, renamed folders, forgotten my sql database password, have downloaded (unassociated) programs that're giving me problems with removal (looking at you, ARO :| ) etc; i just need to "erase/start over"

I don't even care about data lost (i have backup XML files, but honestly even full data-wipeout is acceptable as there's not much data overall). I want/need to wipe all of this from my computer and start over. I want to remove: WAMP; wordpress and any associated data (plugins/addons; databases/etc - again, would rather remove everything, any data i care about is already backedup to cloud)

do i need to remove things in any particular order? can i use standard 'control panel' uninstall, or do I need something like xyzAftermarketUninstaller?(I ask this because I just needed to put aftermarket uninstall program on my machine to try and get ARO 2012 off my computer :| )

Any/all input is greatly appreciated! The past few weeks have been sooo informative, time to "clean up", tidy, organize and all that!! I have the website-building equivalent of a kid's computer with media in 20+ folders throughout the machine, lol!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Un-/Re- installing WAMP, wordpress, etc
Posted by: stevenmartin99 (Moderator)
Date: January 22, 2013 08:05PM

Get Teamviewer, Send me the ID and Password in PM or email and ill help you through!

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Date: January 22, 2013 08:14PM

this is my 1st post, so plz don't this personal, but that looks like a remote-access program- you want me to grant you remote access? or am i missing something?
is uninstalling wordpress/wamp not something that can just be explained?

Date: January 22, 2013 08:18PM

yup thats what it is,

its more screen sharing, as you have control over the machine also, but its how we fix things here,

get the problem sorted quickly and safely instead of peopel reading online about all sorts of issues are making things worse!

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com

Date: January 22, 2013 10:17PM

well, i really want to do this myself- could you just tell me if un/re installing WAMP and wordpress needs to be done in a special way or not? or point me somewhere i could learn that?

(thanks for offering your 1-on-1, but i'd rather just know this myself so i don't need to depend on others. had no idea a simple un/re install could offer problems requiring someone needing the access you describe)

Date: January 22, 2013 10:23PM

its easy to uninstall, but your desciption of the situation sounds a mess,.

to uninstall...

close wamp

goto c:\wamp and run the uninstaller.

then when its complete , delete the wamp folder

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.