User Help
Posted by: Aninjadude60 (---.res.bhn.net)
Date: October 09, 2015 08:59PM

1 - Windows version 10, 64 bit
2 - Version WampServer 2.5, 64 bit
3 - Apache Version is 2.4.9
4 - PHP Version is5.5.12
5 - MySQL Version is 5.6.17

I need to know everything about the users for the server, i want to make it where i can use this server anywhere, i already set it up for the port forwarding but i need to know how i give access like if i want to log on vs. a friend logging on, id like to beable to have full access to it from anywhere and my friends have limited and also how do i log on in to it when i set it up. if you need more help, leave it in the comments

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2015 09:00PM by Aninjadude60.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: User Help
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: October 10, 2015 01:03AM

Access to what?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: Aninjadude60 (---.pools.spcsdns.net)
Date: October 10, 2015 02:10AM

Access to the directory, from a ported ip, aka my public ip is ported to port "80" and it says i dont have permision, and theres users you can set up so i want to know how to use it so see if i can get access to it. is there a way to add a pic so i can show you?

Date: October 10, 2015 03:33PM

Did you do wampmanager -> Put Online

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: October 11, 2015 07:39PM

it is online but when i try to connect to it from the IP i don't have permission to use it, id like to show you i just don't know how to add pictures, nor a video. it make more sense if i could show you

Date: October 11, 2015 08:59PM

WAMPServer is designed as a single user one PC developer tool and therefore Apache is configured to protect beginnners from accidental hakcks..

If you want to access a site you have developed from another PC on your local network or from the internet you have to amend the apache configuration.

Which is it you are trying to do, access from another PC on you r local network or access from the internet???

Date: October 11, 2015 10:50PM

yes, i am a beginner but i was hoping this could help to make my skills better. i know that the phpMyAdmin should be blocked so it cant be accessed by hackers, but i wanted to access my directory's or projects you could say from another PC. not the phpMyAdmin, and i thought that since there was a "Users" option there was a way to log in as one of them from another pc and access the directory needed. but im still having trouble doing that. im not sure if its my skills that im just not able to do it when i know i am hopefully doing it right, or it just cant be done and the users option is just there for some reason or what.

Also what is the user option for when your on phpMyAdmin -> Users?

Date: October 11, 2015 10:52PM

Sorry if im annoying you im just a wondering person that is kinda clueless in what i might be doing wrong xD

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: October 12, 2015 09:40AM

Hi,

Rigssfolly ask you about how you want to access, please answer.
RiggsFolly
Which is it you are trying to do, access from another PC on you r local network or access from the internet???

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: October 14, 2015 02:39AM

access from another pc

Date: October 14, 2015 12:39PM

Aninjadude,

Re-reading your question and answers, it seems to me that you want to allow access to your system from the internet, otherwise why would you have mentioned `Port Forwarding`.

While this is your PC and you can do with it whatever you like with it, I dont see that we could give enough clear and concise information to you, with your current knowledge and experience in a way that would not open you and your PC up to potential problems and the risk from hackers.

You can see links in my signature that will take you to the Documentation for Apache and MySQL which should help you get to where you believe you want to be, if you insist on taking the risky step of opening up your PC to the world. But I dont feel comfortable bearing in mind your level of experience, with assisting you in this endeavour, so I will leave you to find this out for yourself. Hopefully when you read some of the documentation you will start to understand the risks involved in doing this without the required knowledge of Apache and MySQL.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.