80->8080, Updating WAMP Menu
Posted by: milliardo (167.220.24.---)
Date: October 07, 2015 09:41PM

So I changed the port on apache from 80 to 8080 then I proceeded to edit wampmanager.ini to update the [localhost] references to include [localhost]. When I restart WAMP, wampmanager.ini reverts to 80. I'm thinking there's a centralized interface to change ports, or can someone recommend a way to go about updating the WAMP menu to include the port number such that it doesn't revert?

1 - Windows version used (Specify version number AND whether 32 or 64 bit)
Windows 10 Enterprise, 64-bit

2 - Version WampServer (Specify version number AND whether 32 or 64 bit)

3 - Apache Version

4 - PHP Version

5 - MySQL Version

6 - What color is the WampServer icon (in the notification area of the taskbar)
Green - no problems

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 80->8080, Updating WAMP Menu
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: October 07, 2015 09:59PM

First lets start with Why you think you need to use a different port for Apache.

If its becasue W10 installs IIS then uninstall IIS, as I assume you are not using it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2015 10:35PM by RiggsFolly.

Date: October 07, 2015 10:07PM

Corporate environment.

Just using WAMP for dev.

Date: October 07, 2015 10:20PM

That does not really answer the questions

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: October 07, 2015 10:23PM

Don't burden yourself analyzing my situation. If you have any insight as to my question, please feel free to contribute.

Date: October 07, 2015 11:02PM

Its no burden, on the contrary, I find I waste less time in Q&A ping pong if I try to understand the question and the reasons before attempting to provide any help.

See its not a corporate environment here, so I dont get paid for just turning up, or even turning up and being useful, we don't get paid for providing support here at all.

Your other option is of course to R.T.?.M and work it out for yourself! There are links to the Apache and MySQL and PHP manuals in my signature block.

Date: October 08, 2015 01:27AM

I don't believe the WAMP menu-interface has anything to do with the settings of Apache, PHP, or MySQL.

I attempted to manually edit the menu config file to call out [localhost] but it was reset upon resetting WAMP. I wasn't sure if there was a particular interface or file where these settings propagated from.

Everything works fine, I just don't have the convenience of the WAMP menu.

Date: October 08, 2015 03:15AM

The wampmanager.ini is rebuilt each time wampmanager.exe runs

Look at wampmanager.tpl, make changes there, that is the file that wampmanager.exe uses to rebuild wampmanager.ini

Posted by: milliardo (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: October 08, 2015 06:21AM

smiling smiley Thank you. I will give that a try...

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: October 08, 2015 09:34AM

Hi,

You just ask a question about the use of port 8080 instead of port 80.
No further details about your needs, it is not possible to respond with relevance.
So it is absolutely necessary that you answer the questions you are asked:
- Why do you want to replace the port 80 by 8080?

Because it could be that the answer to your "problem" is much easier than going to edit a file.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2015 10:34AM by Otomatic.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.