Add PHP Version (5.3.1) Bugs: 1 Solved, 1 Needs Help (Now Solved!)
Posted by: niceguy (---.tmodns.net)
Date: January 08, 2013 06:02AM

Been running wampserver 2.0 for a while. From wamp menu, added php 5.3.1 w/o problem, as 5.3.1 was now listed in addition to 5.2.6. But even my 1st time switching to it caused wamp to crash. After spending a day tracing the php files, I finally found the problem in files:

wamp/bin/php/php5.3.1/php.ini
wamp/bin/php/php5.3.1/phpforapache.ini

essentially they're the same file, and at line 966, 967, the comment 'use for oracle...' was the cause. I simply removed the 2 comments on these 2 lines, and viola, wamp started no problem, running 5.3.1. apperantly the wampserver 2.0 exe doesn't support comments like that. So it crashed with a 'syntax error' msg. I checked the 5.2.6 files and there were no such comments.

I tried phpinfo() and it did show php 5.3.1, and also tried a few 5.3 php features that didn't work in 5.2.6 and they all ran. So definitely problem solved in starting 5.3.1.

Now the problem is MYSQl. Wampserver menu shows it running, and i can stop and start mysql. I can also select MYSQL monitor to use command line to connect to a db and select rows. But phpmyadmin hangs and so does my pdo scripts. The 'new pdo()' exception msg shows:

[HY000][2002]: A connection attempt failed becauese the connected party did not respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because the connected host failed to respond properly.

Everything is on localhost on a dev unit never put online so the params are default:

localhost:root and password '' (blank)

mysql log shows it started and listening at port 3306. The my.ini also shows port 3306.

So what is causing MYSQL to not to respond to apache? MYSQL is 5.0.51b. The only change is this 5.3.1 but it appears to impact MYSQL to apache connection too.

What's the solution? Please help!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2013 06:43PM by niceguy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Add PHP Version (5.3.1) Bugs: 1 Solved, 1 Needs Help (Now Solved!)
Posted by: niceguy (---.tmodns.net)
Date: January 08, 2013 06:41PM

after more googling, found solution to the MYSQL connection in mysql.com forum:

[forums.mysql.com]

in short, this is a windows 7 dependency issue. in windows/sys32/driver/etc/host file, there's a line

::1 localhost

simply comment it out and problem solved. so something in php 5.3.1 caused apache to have issue with this localhost setting that was ok in php 5.2.6.

well, hopefully all these will be helpful to others who encounter the same issues. am i the only one adding php 5.3.1 in wamp 2.0?

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.