localhost default
Posted by: AJsWebCreations (---.res.bhn.net)
Date: January 02, 2013 11:44PM

I installed and everything works fine but when I go to localhost I get a page that says this
"If you can see this, it means that the installation of the Apache web server software on this system was successful. You may now add content to this directory and replace this page.
Seeing this instead of the website you expected?

This page is here because the site administrator has changed the configuration of this web server. Please contact the person responsible for maintaining this server with questions. The Apache Software Foundation, which wrote the web server software this site administrator is using, has nothing to do with maintaining this site and cannot help resolve configuration issues.

The Apache documentation has been included with this distribution.

You are free to use the image below on an Apache-powered web server. Thanks for using Apache!"

instead of the index page in my apache http.conf file my server root is (ServerRoot "f:/wamp/bin/apache/apache2.4.2"winking smiley do I need to change that to get i to go t the index page when I click localhost? If so what should it be and if no does anyone have any idea what I need to change?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: localhost default
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: January 03, 2013 01:23AM

Check you services, you may have another apache running. Wamps apache is called wampapache.
If you have uninstall it if possible, if not disable the Apache service so wampapache can run

Posted by: AJsWebCreations (---.res.bhn.net)
Date: January 03, 2013 02:03AM

I thought I uninstalled the other one and can not find any traces of it where can I look?

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: January 03, 2013 03:45PM

Try

Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services

If you see something called Apache you can diable it from this screen.

Double click the line and on the dialog that appears change the 'Startup Type' from 'Automatic' to 'Disabled'

Or from a command line that you launch using 'Run As Administrator' you can do this

sc delete Apache

To permanatly remove a service

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.