Warning: mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: Access denied for user 'rock_tom'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in C:\wamp\www\shop\vsadmin\db_conn_open.php on line 14
Posted by: olympicrocks (---.wavecable.com)
Date: November 06, 2012 03:43AM

For some reason I have forgotten how to setup wampserver to work with my db_conn_open.php,

I get this message "Warning: mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: Access denied for user 'rock_tom'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in C:\wamp\www\shop\vsadmin\db_conn_open.php on line 14" Below is the php script that I have been trying to fill in the infromation reguarding the wampserver I have setup on my computer running windows 7. As an exampe; I have named my database "book" and username is "joe" and used the pasword "123456". What am I doing wrong?

$db_username = "book_joe"; // Your database login username
$db_password = "123456"; // Your database login password
$db_name = "book_joe"; // The name of the database you wish to use
$db_host = "localhost"; // The address of the database. Often this is localhost, but may be for example db.yoursite.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Warning: mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: Access denied for user 'rock_tom'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in C:\wamp\www\shop\vsadmin\db_conn_open.php on line 14
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: November 06, 2012 10:23AM

Have you created a user account with that password on mysql with rights on that database

Re: Warning: mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: Access denied for user 'rock_tom'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in C:\wamp\www\shop\vsadmin\db_conn_open.php on line 14
Posted by: olympicrocks (---.wavecable.com)
Date: November 06, 2012 05:42PM

yes I have created a user account with a password on mysql with all rights and privilages.

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.ppp.as43234.net)
Date: November 07, 2012 02:49PM

Well actually nothing matches if you look closly.

Access denied for user 'rock_tom'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Username is therefore rock_tom

but you say you are using

$db_username = "book_joe";

Better take a look at what you are actually doing rather than what you think you are doing

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.