successed to run WampServer in VirtualBox, and a question here
Posted by: wowow (220.93.164.---)
Date: October 16, 2012 11:45AM

Hi there,
I'm completely a newbie, an University student, my class is teaching ASP.net this semester , but I prefer the PHP & JSP personally, So I try to learn PHP first off class, and now I find the WampServer package via seach engine, version is 'wampserver2.2e-php5.4.3-httpd2.2.22-mysql5.5.24-32b.exe'. i think it's currently the newest version.

As for I just wanna learn the basics of PHP programming, so I want my little server toy won't be attached from the internet, then I decided to install it into a virtual machine.

My PC can dual boot fedora 17 & winows 7, first of all i try it in win7.

My installation step is below:
Host-OS is windows 7 & VirtualBox Guest-OS is windows xp sp3.

1). VirtualBox Host-Only Network -> Property ->
select the "VirtualBox Bridged Networking Driver", then click OK.
2). From VirtualBox, Setting -> Network -> Attached to -> Bridged Adapter.
(This make the Host-OS & Gest-OS seems like in a same lan)

3). Then start the guest OS, install the WampServer, after some clicks and OK, the WampServer is installed, path is C:\Web\wamp.
4). Double click the pink WampServer icon, select the 'Put Online'.
5). From Dos prompt type 'ipconfig -all' & press Enter, find the external IP of my Guest OS, it's 172.30.1.5
6). From Host OS, run a web browser, mine is Opera, in the address bar type in the above IP 172.30.1.5 & Enter, I can see the WampServer is running pretty well.

After reading some threads in this forum, now I realize the WampServer doesn't offer email, ftp, etc, (I'm not sure if it's completely true)

Anyway, here is my question: I need to know, if I edit a PHP file in the client (Host OS), how can I upload it in to the Server (Gest OS) 'C:\Web\wamp\www\' ?
Because if later, I set my home PC as a WampServer, how can I upload my php script file from my University via the internet ?

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: successed to run WampServer in VirtualBox, and a question here
Posted by: andrey82 (89.123.117.---)
Date: November 05, 2012 11:23PM

HI there.

I just instaled today almost the same config as yours. The only difference is that my host OS is Vista.

What I did was i shared 'C:\Web\wamp\www\' from the guest OS with full acces permisions + i have set the scope of this share to be only the IP of my host OS. In this way that share is only accesible&writeble from my host OS.

I also did the same with a temp folder, so that I can easy send misc. files that I need on my Guest OS.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.