Localhost blank page
Posted by: SallyT (---.static.as13285.net)
Date: October 21, 2012 05:45PM

Hi
I installed WAMP yesterday as I want to run Joomla, however, I can't get WAMP to work properly. Initially the icon was orange because there was a conflict with port 80 but that has now been resolved and the icon is green. Despite this, it still won't show me the localhost page. All I get is a blank page. I have scoured various forums but so far no one has come up with an answer. One forum member from within this site suggested installing the latest version of Apache which I did with no change. Another forum member from another site suggested editing the host file but that made no difference either. I'm using it with Firefox but I've also tried with Explorer. A friend suggested installing Linux but that seems a bit extreme as I would then have to learn a new operating system on top of everything else. I am currently running Windows vista Home Premium Sp2.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Localhost blank page
Posted by: stevenmartin99 (Moderator)
Date: October 21, 2012 05:49PM

Hi Sally , you posted yesterday , and i offered to help you out using teamviewer.

i read your problem , and it could be many things, but you need to troubleshoot it in a correct manner and not just change bits here and there.

can you get teamviewer as i am free right now and i can take a look now.

its hard just to tell you what to do becuase the issue is vague , and you have change some settings

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Date: October 21, 2012 05:58PM

Hi Steve

Thanks for answering, sorry I missed your reply yesterday. I've just set up teamviewer. The setting I changed in the host file I changed back again when they didn't work.

I also just re-installed Visual C++ but no effect.

Sally

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2012 06:01PM by SallyT.

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (Moderator)
Date: October 21, 2012 06:01PM

teamviewer is just a remote desktop rdc from www.teamviewer.com

you can send me the ID AND PASSWORD, and i can take a look and help you solve the issue,

you can email or PM me the details. Im free for another hour if you want

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Date: October 21, 2012 06:10PM

Just e-mailed you

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.