wamp makes Windows popup menus' color of text background turn grey
Posted by: sfqtsh (---.63.120.48.vultr.com)
Date: August 10, 2015 11:49PM

Hello, I have a problem on my computer.
When i start wamp and then(everytime) left-click wamp's tray icon, its popup menu appears, however, its all text background-color turns more grey. Here is the picture: [45.63.120.48]
Not only that, after that, almost all menus and context menus except owner-draw menus on Windows turn like this, the others also turns grey when the cursor passes over them. here is a software's capture: [45.63.120.48]

It need to logout or restart my system to get back to normal.

I downloaded and installed wamp yesterday, and my system is Windows 7 x64. I also tested this on Windows 7 x86 in a Virtual Machine but everything is ok.

Can anyone help me?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: wamp makes Windows popup menus' color of text background turn grey
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: August 11, 2015 10:37AM

Hellp

I have seen this a couple of times before but I have no idea what the cause is.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: sfqtsh (101.64.190.---)
Date: August 11, 2015 11:50AM

Hi,

I saw the link to Aestan Tray Menu on your site bottom, i downloaded its source but it was written in Delphi language which i cannot understand. It hasn't been updated by its developer for a long time ,probably because it leads to the problem.

Date: August 11, 2015 12:10PM

I doubt it.

It does not happen on my PC or 1000's of other PC's so it is more likely to be something specific to your PC.

Sorry I cannot be more helpful, but it is definitely not as simple as blaming Aestan Tray Menu!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: August 11, 2015 03:32PM

Hi,

Aestan Tray Menu colors, background, font and others parameters are defined in the section [Menu.Left.Settings] of wamp/wampmanager.tpl file.
You can see how they work by reading the Aestan Tray Menu explanations in AeTrayMenu.chm file.

You can obtain this file by download zip file of Aetraymenu.zip then unzip and launch (double-click) distr\AeTrayMenu.chm

WARNING: Take backups before changing wampmanager.tpl file; This is an extremely important file for Wampserver.

Note: In over ten years of using Wampserver and Aestan Tray Menu, I have never observed color or presentation changes of Windows menus and I went through Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: August 11, 2015 04:07PM

Oto,

Its more likely some interaction between Aestan and some wierd and wonderful local user config change to the windows Theme

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: August 11, 2015 04:46PM

Hi,

RiggsFolly
Its more likely some interaction between Aestan and some wierd and wonderful local user config change to the windows Theme
I think so too.
For information, there is no problem with Classic Shell under W7, W8 or W10.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Posted by: sfqtsh (---.63.120.48.vultr.com)
Date: August 11, 2015 05:37PM

Hi,

You are right, i had tried to modify some parameter one by one defined in the section [Menu.Left.Settings] for several times, and eventually i found the problem. Its default value of SeparatorsSeparatorStyle is 'caption', after i change "SeparatorsSeparatorStyle=caption" to "SeparatorsSeparatorStyle=shortline", problem is gone. Here is the picture: [45.63.120.48]

Thanks a lot!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.