mysql console
Posted by: jacklo (---.boanqu2.dynamic.dsl.tele.dk)
Date: September 14, 2012 12:03AM

is anyone using the mysql console ? when I try to use the console , it asks for a password i give it the one I have created in my.ini, after which it closes (very fast ), i can find no error messages in the logs listed in the popup screen (start -shutdown ..etc) so how do you go about this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: mysql console
Posted by: stevenmartin99 (Moderator)
Date: September 14, 2012 12:07AM

delete password from my.ini

and just press enter when asked my password

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: September 14, 2012 10:32AM

If you had just added a password to the default 'root' userid in MySQL what you were doing should have worked.

So I am assuming you have created a totally new Administration userid and put a password on that.

I do this and then remove the 'root' userid completely ( because lets face it everybody knows that that userid will exists on a mysql installation )

To make the mysql console work when you have done this you need to do the following:

1. edit c:\wamp\wampmanager.tpl
2. locate the [mysqlMenu] section of that file
3. in that section there is a line like this
Type: item; Caption: "${w_mysqlConsole}"; Action: run; FileName: "${c_mysqlConsole}";Parameters: "-u root -p"; Glyph: 0

4. change the -u root TO -u YourNewAdminUserid
5. Save the file.

6. Locate the wampmanager icon in the system tray ( start wamp if its not running )
7. LEFT CLICK over the icon and you should see a menu. select the 'refresh' option.
refresh will rebuild the wampmanager.ini file

You can now try the mysql console and use the password you set in MyPhpAdmin for that new userid.

Posted by: jacklo (---.boanqu2.dynamic.dsl.tele.dk)
Date: September 14, 2012 11:47AM

thankyou for yor help like you said it works with just a click
after having ajusted the settings in the wampmanager.tlp file, it is now password protected
so again thanks for the help

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.