Command Prompt VS Wamp Server MYSQL CMD prompt
Posted by: CodeDayNight (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: August 04, 2015 12:38AM

Hello Everyone,

When I launch myphpAdmin (from WAMP icon) it shows the created users and databases. However,when I go to Wamp MySQL command line and try to type a users password the command window shuts down giving me an error saying "Access Denied". When I use the windows command prompt to enter a users password it lets me into the MySQL server. Why can't I log in to the MySQL servers through WAMP MYSQL using the users that I've created(other than root)?

1.Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

2.I have WAMP server 2.5 64 bit

3.I have Apache version 2.4.9

4.MySQL 5.6.17

5.PHP: 5.5.12

myPhpAdmin: 4.1.14

6.Wamp server icon is green

8.I have access to local host

9.I have access to phpMyAdmin

10..Windows Firewall

11..Microsoft Security Essentials

12.C:/wamp

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Command Prompt VS Wamp Server MYSQL CMD prompt
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: August 04, 2015 02:21AM

Hi

Because the WampServer menu MySQL Console assumes and pre assigns the "root" userid.

You can enter that password for "root" is you have set one and it will work. It is designed, for want of a better word for those beginners that dont really know anything about the command line mysql.exe processor.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: CodeDayNight (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: August 04, 2015 04:43AM

I'm still looking to find out why I can't enter another users password into the WAMP MySQL server command line. Is there a way to ask for the username and the password instead of just assuming the root is the default user? What if another person wanted to log in using WAMP MySQL? It seems the only person who can get into the Wamp MySQL is the root user, is there a way to change this so that anyone with a user name and password can log in (I don't want to use myPhpAdmin, I want to use the WAMP MySQL command line).

Thanks smiling smiley

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: August 04, 2015 10:05AM

Yes you open a command prompt and do it from there.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.