Localhost slow response time
Posted by: techy (---.cable.ubr02.sutt.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: July 15, 2008 11:43AM

Hi,

I'm running the latest version of WAMP server on my local XP PC which I just use for developing sites locally, I don't access them remotely. The spec of my PC is 3 Gb RAM and a Core 2 Duo.

The problem I'm having is that websites served from Localhost are quite slow, especailly sites such as Joomla projects.

I used to use IIS (this is not installed now) and the performance was much faster than the same site running under WAMP. Even if I upload a development site to a remote server the response time is faster over the net than running it locally! The response times aren't very slow, they are probably about 3-4 seconds per page, but I know that they should be rendering virtually instantly.

I have doubled the memory allocation for PHP and made sure the host header is set to 127.0.0.1 in my hosts file.

Any advice greatly apprecialted.

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Localhost slow response time
Posted by: blogit (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: July 16, 2008 10:56PM

I'm having the same problem i've just installed wamp and when connecting to localhost the site loads extremely slow, it's lagging more then any website. I used to have apache/php/mysql installed manually and it ran like you would expect lightning fast. What's the problem with localhost not loading as fast as it should? Hopefully your servers aren't running wamp as it's been down lately then the db had isses. I would like a response to localhost working slowly and im sure some others would as well

Posted by: infocom (---.bb.sky.com)
Date: July 26, 2008 10:34AM

I too am having this issue. Its really slow. When using phpmyadmin its terrible. The mysqld-nt service runs between 70% to 90% during the time I access phpmyadmin. I have to wait about 10 seconds each page load.
Thanks

Posted by: Luxian (---.186.138.182.tm.upcnet.ro)
Date: October 01, 2008 11:12PM

Try to move / delete the logs. I used to have the same problem, my logs where having 30Mb +. I moved them to another folder (just for backup, you can delete them as well) and re-start my WAMP. It was working like new smiling smiley

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: October 01, 2008 11:20PM

actually, you guys should check the log files to find out which page or item can not be found and that 1 of many reasons that slow down your server performances

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: Luxian (---.186.138.182.tm.upcnet.ro)
Date: October 22, 2008 10:31PM

In my situation, not only logs where the problem, I also find out that MySQL 5 doesn't handle very well UTF-8 with PHP, so MySQL was running with errors.

You can check your tables or MySQL logs for errors. And if you have same issues as me, you can export all your databases, downgrade to MySQL 4.x (check add-on) and import.

Posted by: ericsully (---.hqglobal.net)
Date: May 03, 2010 08:11PM

Network World posted an article about free response time monitoring tool that would help you. [www.real-user-monitoring.com]

Posted by: nenda (---.40-124-222.speedy.telkom.net.id)
Date: January 14, 2011 02:34PM

yfastud Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> actually, you guys should check the log files to
> find out which page or item can not be found and
> that 1 of many reasons that slow down your server
> performances

Hi, this is the error that I found in apache error log.

[Fri Jan 14 20:28:43 2011] [error] (OS 6)The handle is invalid. : Child 5272: Encountered too many errors accepting client connections. Possible causes: Unknown. Try using the Win32DisableAcceptEx directive.

Any suggestion?

Posted by: myste1tainn (---.revip2.asianet.co.th)
Date: August 20, 2012 04:15AM

[Edited] Whoops duplicated post sry.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2012 04:17AM by myste1tainn.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.