Multiple Apache Versions
Posted by: Vasanth (---.europe.hp.net)
Date: August 02, 2012 01:46PM

Hello,

I've installed wampserver2.2e-php5.3.13-httpd2.2.22-mysql5.5.24-x64 sometime back in windows 7 64 and it was working without any issues but when I tried to install the add-on for Apache 2.0.63, the server would not start for this version. When I switch back to the 2.2 version, it works without any issues. There are no logs generated when I try to switch to 2.0.63.

I would like to run PHP 4.4.9 and for this I'm trying to use a compatible apache version.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Vasanth

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Multiple Apache Versions
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: August 02, 2012 02:26PM

I think your problem is that you have an Apache compiled with VC6 and a PHP compiled with VC9. Not compatible!!
Get a old version of PHP to match your old apache and see if that solves the problem.

I think you will have problems using the 64 bit version and going back that far with apache and php.

I would suggest installing the 32 bit version as you are more likely to find compatible extensions for that within the Apache and PHP suites.

Note this warning on the download page

WARNING : All the components of the v2.2 WampServer stack have been compiled with VC9 version of Microsoft compiler.
Earlier versions of Wampserver have been made with VC6 version of Microsoft compiler.
So, You can't mix components of 2.2 stack with previous version of Wampserver Stack components.
If you do it you will get an instable Wampserver.

This unfortunately means its not longer as easy to get multiple version of apache and php to all run on the same configuration.

I think you will have to install the 32 bit wamp and then download the versions of apache/php and maybe mysql that you want, although mysql this is not hard linked the way Apache and PHP are.

Re: Multiple Apache Versions
Posted by: Vasanth (---.europe.hp.net)
Date: August 02, 2012 02:34PM

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. Will check and report back.

Regards,
Vasanth

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.