A connection attempt failed problem
Posted by: Memor-X (---.riversaustralia.com.au)
Date: August 01, 2012 03:10AM

i'm trying to set up a Magento Store on Wamp Server so i can look over the code and make chnages before it is deployed, i've was given a 800+ MB .sql file for the database which was a pain to import but i was finally able to do it with the MySQL Console

when i go to access the site, i get this page

SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

#0 C:\wamp\www\Magento Site\lib\Zend\Db\Adapter\Pdo\Mysql.php(96): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->_connect()
#1 C:\wamp\www\Magento Site\lib\Varien\Db\Adapter\Pdo\Mysql.php(251): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->_connect()
#2 C:\wamp\www\Magento Site\lib\Zend\Db\Adapter\Abstract.php(448): Varien_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->_connect()
#3 C:\wamp\www\Magento Site\lib\Zend\Db\Adapter\Pdo\Abstract.php(238): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('SET NAMES utf8', Array)
#4 C:\wamp\www\Magento Site\lib\Varien\Db\Adapter\Pdo\Mysql.php(333): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->query('SET NAMES utf8', Array)
#5 C:\wamp\www\Magento Site\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Resource\Type\Db\Pdo\Mysql.php(45): Varien_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->query('SET NAMES utf8')
#6 C:\wamp\www\Magento Site\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Resource.php(93): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Type_Db_Pdo_Mysql->getConnection(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Config_Element))
#7 C:\wamp\www\Magento Site\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Cache.php(402): Mage_Core_Model_Resource->getConnection('core_write')
#8 [internal function]: Mage_Core_Model_Cache->getDbAdapter()
#9 C:\wamp\www\Magento Site\lib\Varien\Cache\Backend\Database.php(95): call_user_func(Array)
#10 C:\wamp\www\Magento Site\lib\Varien\Cache\Backend\Database.php(139): Varien_Cache_Backend_Database->_getAdapter()
#11 C:\wamp\www\Magento Site\lib\Zend\Cache\Core.php(303): Varien_Cache_Backend_Database->load('f7e_REQEST_FDD0...', false)
#12 C:\wamp\www\Magento Site\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Cache.php(329): Zend_Cache_Core->load('REQEST_FDD01A71...')
#13 C:\wamp\www\Magento Site\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\App.php(1052): Mage_Core_Model_Cache->load('REQEST_fdd01a71...')
#14 C:\wamp\www\Magento Site\app\code\core\Enterprise\PageCache\Model\Processor.php(491): Mage_Core_Model_App->loadCache('REQEST_fdd01a71...')
#15 C:\wamp\www\Magento Site\app\code\core\Enterprise\PageCache\Model\Processor.php(433): Enterprise_PageCache_Model_Processor->_loadMetadata()
#16 C:\wamp\www\Magento Site\app\code\core\Enterprise\PageCache\Model\Processor.php(166): Enterprise_PageCache_Model_Processor->getMetadata('cache_subproces...')
#17 C:\wamp\www\Magento Site\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Cache.php(624): Enterprise_PageCache_Model_Processor->extractContent(false)
#18 C:\wamp\www\Magento Site\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\App.php(292): Mage_Core_Model_Cache->processRequest()
#19 C:\wamp\www\Magento Site\app\Mage.php(596): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#20 C:\wamp\www\Magento Site\index.php(88): Mage::run('', 'store')
#21 {main}

my supervisor has said that this page is showing up because mysql is timing out, i looked up on the net and found this line

SET GLOBAL connect_timeout=600;

however even after i run that in PHPMyAdmin the same page shows up and i can tell you that the page stopped loading after 22.8 seconds (time it myself, may be off my 2 seconds though), quite sure i set connect_timeout to 600 seconds, in other words, 10 minutes

is there any other settings or variables i can change to try and get this working?

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.