Upgraded from 5.1.30 to 5.5.24 now cannot connect
Posted by: Porpoise (---.79.244.87.dyn.jtglobal.com)
Date: July 25, 2012 09:09AM

Hi,

I've been running a development WAMP server on Vista 32bit Apache 2.2.22 (PHP 5.28, MYSQL 5.1.30)

On this server, I have a shopping cart setup using osC2, which has been running for a number of years. (the current production server is running older versions - Apache on Linux (PHP 4.4.9 [patched], MYSQL 5.0.95)

As this osC cart is now getting a bit long in the tooth (& v3 apparently is not ready for prime time) I decided to look at Zen Cart. However, this has necessitated installing later versions of PHP & MySQL.

I have therefore added PHP 5.3.1 & MySQL 5.5.24 to the WAMP setup to accomodate the latest version of Zen Cart (there is no point using an old version for a new setup).

The problems I am now encountering are:

1. (PHP 5.2.8 + MySQL 5.1.30) = The phpMyAdmin configuration storage is not completely configured, some extended features have been deactivated. To find out why click here.
Your PHP MySQL library version 5.0.51a differs from your MySQL server version 5.1.30. This may cause unpredictable behavior.
The mcrypt extension is missing. Please check your PHP configuration.

But I can access the databases.

2. (PHP 5.2.8 + MySQL 5.5.24) = Error

MySQL said: Documentation
#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in your configuration and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.

I've had this issue before but I can't remember how I managed to reset the password!

3. (PHP 5.3.1 + MySQL 5.5.24) = timeout and blank page.

Can anyone help to get this working please?

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.