Databas
Posted by: Don (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: December 22, 2005 11:18PM

I have installed the program, created a data base, copied PHP into the folder and went to the install. Keep getting error, unable to connect to database. This is what I have done

Created folder called Stuff , created database called stuff, have PHP in the directory called stuff, went to localhost/stuff/install/install.php, filled out necessary information and get error, cannot connect to database.

I never had this problem before.

Re: Databas
Posted by: Johan (---.bitnet.nu)
Date: December 23, 2005 03:38PM

mysql_connect("localhost","root",""winking smiley;

Re: Databas
Posted by: Don (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: December 29, 2005 03:39PM

I have tried that. I went and installed this on another computer and it installed and I was able to install PHP with no problem at all.

I am attempting to install PHP forum that I will use for testing. When I click on on install, it comes up with the error "phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database "

Since it worked on this computer before it must be a security feature that is in place. I use Black Ice and have shut that down. I use MS Antisypy and shut that down.

Anything else I can try to do.

The data base that I am attempting to connect to is Don and I have edited the priviledges and installed the password.

As I said before I have installed this program on THIS computer numerous times WITHOUT a problem.

Thank you for your help

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.