Unable to Start Apache Services in WAMP Server 2.2
Posted by: John Hampton (117.195.202.---)
Date: July 15, 2012 03:01AM

guys!! got this error and unable to start Apache services on windows Vista with V C++ SP 1 on. Pl help.

1. "Windows could not start the Apache 2.2 service on Local Computer". Error 3: The system cannot find the specified path.

2. In Command Prompt Window: "Your Port is used by - Server: Microsoft - HTTPAPI/2.0 . Cannot install the apache service. please stop this service and try again. Press enter to exit...."

I tried locating this Port HTTPAPI service also.. but unable to do so in System Processes.

Please help.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Unable to Start Apache Services in WAMP Server 2.2
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.ppp.as43234.net)
Date: July 15, 2012 03:10PM

Uninstall IIS

[www.microsoft.com]

Posted by: John Hampton (117.195.207.---)
Date: July 15, 2012 04:12PM

Sir,

Uninstalled IIS from "Turn Off Windows Features" still does not help. Still Port 80 is being used by that Microsoft HTTPAPI/2.0 ??

Also unchecked Skype Port Config for Port 80/403.

Still Apache 2.2 services unable to start in Service.MSC and WAMP is not running.

I have even now purchased and migrated to Windows 7, with a whole days efforts Phew!! but the issue still stuck.

I am little distraught.

Date: July 15, 2012 05:15PM

Did you also try the "To uninstall IIS using Add or Remove a Windows Component in Control Panel"

That may be better.

Question: When you say wamp is not running, do you mean that the wamp manager icon is not in the system tray, or that Apache is still not running.

Once you get IIS uninstalled properly, I think you will also have to check your c:\windows\systems32\drivers\etc\hosts file.

It should have this entry

127.0.0.1 localhost

and this one should be commented out ot removed
::1 localhost

Posted by: sanket84in (49.136.56.---)
Date: July 18, 2012 08:45AM

my server turns orange ,server shows online but apache services cannot start port 80 is not in use and i am using windows xp what should i do?

Date: July 18, 2012 01:10PM

sanket84in,

Start a new thread, dont hijack someone elses.

Please give more details.

Look in apache access log and apache error log see if there is something there to give a clue, if that does not help try looking at your windws event log.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.