Error #1045
Posted by: hellebora (---.static.tpgi.com.au)
Date: July 17, 2012 08:58AM

I'm completely new to this.

I'm using phpmyadmin 3.5.1 - I read the message saying that there was no password, and this was a security issue, so I generated (and recorded) passwords for each root user, and for localhost. It then said I did not have permission to do X (I don't remember what), so I refreshed. Then I got error 1045.

I've had a play with the config.php file, but I don't really know what I am doing, nor which password value I need to be filling in. I've tried changing 'root' to 'localhost', just in case, and 'true' to 'false'. I can't get past the error, and now I am completely lost!

Do I just uninstall and reinstall everything, knowing that I only started today, and so am not loosing much, or is there a fairly simple way to fix all this?

Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Error #1045
Posted by: haris (175.157.177.---)
Date: July 17, 2012 01:39PM

MySQL said: Documentation
#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.ppp.as43234.net)
Date: July 17, 2012 04:37PM

Try this.

Edit c:\wamp\apps\phpmyadmin3.5.1\config.inc.php

change

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['user'] = 'root';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = ''; // ADD YOUR PASSWORD IN HERE ( the one for root@localhost )
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['AllowNoPassword'] = true; // CHANGE THIS TO FALSE

In mysql userids and hosts are linked which is why it says 'root'@'localhost' in your error message.
That means someone is trying to gain access using the root userid from the localhost machine.

As you saw when you changes the passwords there are 3 root users defined
1 is 'root' when used from the localhost machine
2 is 'root' when used from the 127.0.0.1 ipaddress
3 is 'root' when used from an IPV6 equivalent address to 127.0.0.1 which is ::1

So your error message tell you that you are using the 'root' userid from the 'localhost' client machine.

So if you had another pc and it had a static ipaddress or 192.168.0.10 and you wanted to be allowed to use the 'root' userid from that pc you would add another user to the mysql privilages list of
'root' on host '192.168.0.10'

Posted by: hellebora (---.static.tpgi.com.au)
Date: July 18, 2012 01:32AM

Got it - thank-you!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.