how do i access wamp by machine name in lan
Posted by: samaj (---.169.160.202.ip.d2visp.com)
Date: April 25, 2012 07:58AM

i have 8 pc and one server i have set up wamp in pc1 (not in server ) and all the pcs connected by router with
domin not by workgroup

in the all pc i have Mcafee antivirus and i have created virtual host for my development my prob is i can't able to access wamp in any browser on other machine

in pc 1 where i have installed wamp its running wih no error so what i have to configure to access wamp in browser in other machine its

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: how do i access wamp by machine name in lan
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: April 25, 2012 11:24AM

Hi samaj,

Ok so first you will need to punch a hole in your McAfee on PC1 ( where wamp is running), to allow access through port 80 ( assuming wamp is listening on port 80 ) for the TCP protocol.

Second you will need to make sure that on wamp you have "Put Online" as this changes the apache config removing the
Allow from 127.0.0.1
into
Allow all
So that it will respond to other IP address's other than 127.0.0.1 (localhost)

On all the other PC you will need to edit the HOSTS file and create an entry in there to associate the IP address of PC1 to a domain name. PC1 should have a static IP address so this does not change after reboots.

So if you virtual host calls the site site1.com ( ServerName site1.com )

you should create the following in each HOSTS file on the other pc's

192.168.0.10 site1.com

This will allow you to use site1.com in the browsers address bar rather than an ip address, and it will go directly to the site rather than to the default vhost which is the first of you vhosts.

If you are worried about security, once you have "Put Online" you can edit the httpd.conf file and change the
Allow all
into something like
Allow 192.168.0
so that only people on your subnet can access apache.

PS. To edit HOSTS you need to either be logged in as an admin, or start your editor using the "Run as Administrator" option.

Posted by: samaj (---.163.160.202.ip.d2visp.com)
Date: July 16, 2012 11:58AM

Please

need more support form here

i have project with rewrite rule so in pc1 my all project running per fact but in my local intranet

htaccess not supporting so what changes i have to make for the my local intranet

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.ppp.as43234.net)
Date: July 16, 2012 02:11PM

.htaccess configurations are applied each time apache traverses the directory with a .htaccess file in it. It should work regardless of which PC on you network you access the apache server from as it is actioned by the server not the client.

You are going to have to give some more specific information for us to help you.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.