[Solved] APC Cache on latest WampServer (2.1e)
Posted by: Mein (---.dynamic.mts-nn.ru)
Date: January 15, 2011 11:48PM

1. Dowload the latest version of WampServer
2. Get the latest available php_apc.dll (http://downloads.php.net/pierre/), and place this library file into "ext" folder of your PHP addon (for example: C:\Server\bin\php\php5.3.3)
3. Edit the php.ini file, and add this following lines:

extension=php_apc.dll

(after all previous extensions)

-

[APC]
apc.enabled=1
apc.shm_size=32
apc.shm_segments=1
apc.gc_ttl=7200
apc.ttl=7200
apc.num_files_hint=1024
apc.enable_cli=0
apc.file_update_protection=2
apc.optimization=0

to the end of ini file

4. Now you need to restart server for cheking how it works.
4.1 If u have an error about missing dll files, run "go-pear.bat" from PHP addon folder, and see 4 detailed errors about apc.

5. Have fun

(Note: Latest version of PHP in WampServer compiled with VC6. Try to use apc_dll vc6 ext if u have scary problms)

6. Checking: use phpinfo() or apc.php from official apc package which you can get here: [pecl.php.net]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2011 02:43AM by Mein.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: [Solved] APC Cache on latest WampServer (2.1e)
Posted by: callistino (---.83.254.114.nw.nuvox.net)
Date: April 12, 2011 04:29PM

I am trying to get the apc extension working. I added the lines to the ini file and the dll to the the ext folder. I can see the ext enabled on the PHP -> extensions section of the wamp server but I cannot get it to run. When I try to run the "go-pear.bat" file I get error: "The program cannot start because php5.dll is missing". Then I get error "unable to load dynamic library "path/to/ext" the specified module could not be found".

Can you help me with this?

Re: [Solved] APC Cache on latest WampServer (2.1e)
Posted by: klawrence (---.austin.res.rr.com)
Date: July 13, 2012 05:43AM

read this:
[stackoverflow.com]

and then this:
[forum.wampserver.com]

Looks like the best solution is to move to 32-bit wamp. I tried the solutions in this thread and had the same result as you callistino -- and actually there is another point that isn't clear -- which php.ini does this stuff go into? At first I put it into the apache's php.ini, and there were no error messages, although apc extension seemed to be loaded (it was checked in the menus) although phpinfo.php and apc.php both suggested otherwise.

Then I put it in the php folder's php.ini, and suddenly I get an error about the apc_php.dll not a valid windows application. So I'm thinking that it needs to go into the php folder's php.ini. In any case, I'm just making copies of both files from now on. I understand why there are two, but not why my web application would care about the php directory's php.ini.

[www.mmmspeciosa.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2012 05:43AM by klawrence.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.