Live Site PHP5.4.41 on WAMP PHP5.5.12
Posted by: Ceresia (---.range86-166.btcentralplus.com)
Date: July 05, 2015 09:15PM

I have installed WAMP 2.5 on my PC in order to download my website and test it. WAMP 2.5 is using PHP5.5.12 but my live site is using PHP5.4.41.

Will this difference in PHP versions be an issue for me when I download my live site to WAMP?

Grateful for any replies.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Live Site PHP5.4.41 on WAMP PHP5.5.12
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: July 06, 2015 01:29AM

Who can tell. We dont know anything about your live site.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: Ceresia (---.range86-166.btcentralplus.com)
Date: July 06, 2015 08:57AM

Thank you for your reply.

Sorry, I am a newbie to WAMP and thought this was a basic question that could be answered quickly. I simply wanted to know if my WAMP server with PHP5.5.12 would be compatible with my live server on PHP5.4.41

I'll happily provide more information if you let me know what you need.

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: July 06, 2015 09:33AM

Hi,

It is totally impossible to answer your question with certainty.
You may be using functions that have changed with PHP 5.5.
The mysql functions are obsolete with PHP 5.5 and 5.6 are deleted with PHP 7.0.0; you have to use mysqli.
Anyway, even on your website, your hoster must pass on new versions of PHP, so it is a good thing to check it work correctly with a later version of PHP.

Whatever the PHP version used, if you "recopy" your site on Wampserver, it is essential to use VirtualHost like your hoster: WAMPServer 2.5 The Homepage, Your Projects Menu and the need for Virtual Hosts

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2015 10:05AM by Otomatic.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.