403 Forbidden
Posted by: ufodepot (---.dsl.irvnca.pacbell.net)
Date: August 08, 2007 09:27AM

I just installed WampServer on my computer (Windows 2000). I know nothing about php or MySql. I tried to go to localhost and get the following error: Forbidden - You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Why am I getting this error message aqdn what can I do to change it?

Thanks,
Hope

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 403 Forbidden
Posted by: manslayer111 (---.tyrdcmta01.tylrtx.tl.dh.suddenlink.net)
Date: August 08, 2007 10:55AM

I'm having the same error.

Please help us. sad smiley

Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: August 08, 2007 10:05PM

is apache running? if you have win2k0, make sure IIS is not running, and apache is.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Cellular Phone Deals - The Best on the Net! - FREE PHONES! Take your pick from our featured cellular phone deals by Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint PCS, Nextel, and more! Most of our cellular phone offers include a FREE cellular phone with FREE shipping!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Clarify Loans
Mortgage and Home Loan Advice

LaxGo Web Directory
Powerful human edited web directory of quality, spam-free sites organized via a comprehensive category structure.

Posted by: ufodepot (---.dsl.irvnca.pacbell.net)
Date: August 09, 2007 07:25AM

I have uninstalled wamp and reinstalled it. It always seems t5o install fine. And it says everything is running. But no matter what I try to do - localhost, myphpadmin, or sqlitemanager I keep getting the samer error message. I have stopped everything I can from running, even my antivirus program. I don't know what IIS is or how to access it. Below is the Apache Log from Wamp:

[Wed Aug 08 21:52:14 2007] [warn] pid file C:/wamp/Apache2/logs/httpd.pid overwritten -- Unclean shutdown of previous Apache run?
[Wed Aug 08 21:52:15 2007] [notice] Apache/2.2.4 (Win32) PHP/5.2.3 configured -- resuming normal operations
[Wed Aug 08 21:52:15 2007] [notice] Server built: Jan 9 2007 23:17:20
[Wed Aug 08 21:52:15 2007] [notice] Parent: Created child process 1496
[Wed Aug 08 21:52:15 2007] [notice] Child 1496: Child process is running
[Wed Aug 08 21:52:15 2007] [notice] Child 1496: Acquired the start mutex.
[Wed Aug 08 21:52:15 2007] [notice] Child 1496: Starting 250 worker threads.
[Wed Aug 08 21:52:15 2007] [notice] Child 1496: Starting thread to listen on port 80.
[Wed Aug 08 21:52:40 2007] [error] [client 0.0.0.0] client denied by server configuration: C:/wamp/www/
[Wed Aug 08 21:53:06 2007] [error] [client 0.0.0.0] client denied by server configuration: C:/wamp/www/
[Wed Aug 08 21:53:06 2007] [error] [client 0.0.0.0] client denied by server configuration: C:/wamp/www/favicon.ico
[Wed Aug 08 21:53:08 2007] [error] [client 0.0.0.0] client denied by server configuration: C:/wamp/www/favicon.ico

Does this mean anything to you? Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Hope

Posted by: gundala.kiran (---.148.167.122.airtelbroadband.in)
Date: August 09, 2007 07:38AM

I am Also Facing Same problem
ufodepot wrote:

> I just installed WampServer on my computer (Windows 2000). I
> know nothing about php or MySql. I tried to go to localhost and
> get the following error: Forbidden - You don't have permission
> to access / on this server.
>
> Why am I getting this error message aqdn what can I do to
> change it?
>
> Thanks,
> Hope

Kiran.Gundala
India

Date: August 10, 2007 10:13AM

make sure you have setup directory options correctly. for example

Options FollowSymLinks AllowOverride None

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Cellular Phone Deals - The Best on the Net! - FREE PHONES! Take your pick from our featured cellular phone deals by Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint PCS, Nextel, and more! Most of our cellular phone offers include a FREE cellular phone with FREE shipping!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Clarify Loans

LaxGo Web Directory
Powerful human edited web directory of quality, spam-free sites organized via a comprehensive category structure.

Forbidden
Posted by: kironban (208.110.17.---)
Date: August 10, 2007 11:44AM

im having problem of "cgi-bin" directory .
when i want to access cgi-bin it show me "You don't have permission to access /cgi-bin/ on this server." plz help me

Re: Forbidden
Date: August 11, 2007 05:07AM

kironban wrote:

> im having problem of "cgi-bin" directory .
> when i want to access cgi-bin it show me "You don't have
> permission to access /cgi-bin/ on this server." plz help me

you will need to install the wamp perl add-on, and then configure it. the installation of perl add-on does not configure apache to work with perl, so you will have to do that yourself.

I posted a post over a year ago on how to install and configure perl for wamp. since that post can be hard to find (especially for newbies) i will post how to do it here.

you need to open apache's config file ( c:\wamp\apache2\conf\httpd.conf ) and find:
<Directory "C:/wamp/www">

#
# Possible values for the Options directive are "None", "All",
# or any combination of:
# Indexes Includes FollowSymLinks SymLinksifOwnerMatch ExecCGI MultiViews
#
# Note that "MultiViews" must be named *explicitly* --- "Options All"
# doesn't give it to you.
#
# The Options directive is both complicated and important. Please see
# [httpd.apache.org]
# for more information.
#
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks

change it to:
<Directory "C:/wamp/www">

#
# Possible values for the Options directive are "None", "All",
# or any combination of:
# Indexes Includes FollowSymLinks SymLinksifOwnerMatch ExecCGI MultiViews
#
# Note that "MultiViews" must be named *explicitly* --- "Options All"
# doesn't give it to you.
#
# The Options directive is both complicated and important. Please see
# [httpd.apache.org]
# for more information.
#
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks +ExecCGI

adding the +ExecCGI to the Options directive above means you can now run perl scripts, and you can run them in the any directory, you dont need to create a separate cgi-bin folder for your perl scripts to run in. we still need to do a few more steps to get perl to work.

now find this line:
#AddHandler cgi-script .cgi

change it to:
AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .pl

this step tells apache how to handle files that end with the .cgi and .pl extension.

now you need to open each of your .cgi and .pl files and change the location to perl at the top line of each script. so, change
#!c:/usr/bin/perl

to
#!c:/wamp/perl/bin/perl.exe

now you need to restart apache for all the changes to take effect.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Clarify Loans

LaxGo Web Directory

Posted by: Trippin (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: September 10, 2007 06:07AM

Awesome man, This helped alot. This should DEFINITELY go in the FAQ because that is where I looked first. (Or maybe the "forum" could get a little update so there could be sections with a tutorials section)

Just dropping a little suggestion... and a HUGE thanks to CyberSpatium who I have seen in almost every post i've looked at. Your doing an awesome job man!

--- edit ----
Nevermind.... your Unofficial Usermanual/Guide needs to be made official and very accessible. Holy cow.

Post Edited (09-10-07 06:09)

Posted by: snaker190 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: January 27, 2011 05:24AM

I have installed wamp on machine A. When I am on the local server that I installed it on I can access PHPMyAdmin from [127.0.0.1] or [localhost]
But I want to be able to access it from my computer and when I type in IP address of the Server I can see the pages I have put in but when I type [192.168.0.3], PHPMyAdmin comes up saying
Forbidden
You don’t have permission to access /mysql/ on this server.

Solution:
Go to C:\wamp\alias. Open the file phpmyadmin.conf and add

Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
Allow Override all
Order Deny,Allow
Deny from all
Allow from 127.0.0.1
Allow from MACHINE_IP

naruto shippuden.last episode is
Naruto Shippuden Episode 206

Posted by: morteza_shangool (---.rasana.net)
Date: June 22, 2012 01:10PM

My solution:
I had the same problem and I unistalled wamp 2.2 and I deleted my current wamp installation directory and installed wamp again and it worked!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.