Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: How do i get Apache Working
Posted by: Todd Prouty (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: January 20, 2006 04:23PM

Mark: When you open the command window, type "cd c:\wamp" without quotes. That takes you to the WAMP directory/folder.

The prompt should now say "C:\wamp>". Type "install_services.bat" and hit Enter.

You should get several lines, most likely starting with "C:\wamp>.\apache2\bin\apache.exe -k install -n wampapache".

To copy the results, right-click and choose "Mark." Then left-click and drag to select the text. It's not the same as in Windows... you'll need to drag all the way to the right to make sure you get entire lines. The text will automatically be copied into the clipboard when you release the mouse button. Just paste what you get into a response here.

(By the way, I'm dealing with a similar issue, but may start a new thread.)

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: January 20, 2006 04:32PM

Never mind, I see this was answered further down in the thread. My mistake.

Date: January 20, 2006 04:58PM

Andrew: I got identical results after installing v1.6.1 over a previous version (1.6.0). Uninstalling and reinstalling fixed it. I was concerned that I might lose my databases, but I didn't because the uninstaller doesn't remove the wamp directory. Good luck!

Date: January 20, 2006 05:14PM

I have to amend my previous post. I didn't lose any data, but I *did* need to recreate my users in phpMyAdmin, including root. Luckily I did't have many users setup and I have a text file with passwords used for the various applications running on the server.

Posted by: Borja (---.mad2.adsl.uni2.es)
Date: January 21, 2006 04:26AM

Hello, I would like to know how change de port of the ISS to 8080.

Posted by: dj (---.ca-sanfranc0.sa.earthlink.net)
Date: January 21, 2006 05:35PM

HI,

I am having problems trying to install WAMP...I tried to create a test page using infophp(); but, I get a blank page. Do you have any suggestions. I tried to print out your help info but the page was blank. Do you have any step by step instruction on installing wamp. I changed the httpd.conf file and I changed the php.ini file. Thanks.

Dj

Posted by: phil (---.240.81.adsl.skynet.be)
Date: January 21, 2006 07:44PM

Hi,

what is IIs??

Posted by: Tony (---.cidr.lightship.net)
Date: January 21, 2006 11:59PM

Ok i have the answers to all of your questions, you will need to find someone who knows how to install services, when i replaced wampapache in wampserver.ini with apache2 (after installing apache2) everything worked fine(except for the configuration, directories, etc...) but apache runs, so pretty much it is a problem with the installer, either they need to make an update for it and fix it or somebody needs to find a friend or something who knows how to install services

Posted by: Daniel (---.l3.c4.dsl.pol.co.uk)
Date: January 22, 2006 02:05PM

The localhost is working with index.php. I create new file which i type in test.php -(echo "hello"winking smiley and in localhost/test.php. which is working but it is didn't display hello on my screen. What is the problem?

Posted by: Fylom (64.254.159.---)
Date: May 25, 2006 11:33PM

Hi,

I also got a problem with apache2. Like Chris, I got the following error :

"Windows could not start wampapache on Local Computer. For more information review the system event log. If this is a non-Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service specific error code 1"

The thing that I've done to experiment this error is that I changed the DocumentRoot in the httpd.ini file (apache2 configuration file) to a network drive path (such as x:/ ). Even after having changed back the document root to "c:/wamp/www", I was getting the same error. I had to uninstall the whole WAMP package and reinstall it back to have Apache2 working fine.

I guest network path is not allowed anymore in Apache2. However, It was working fine with easyphp 1.8 which is using Apache 1.3.33.

One other thing that could cause a problem is that my x drive is using offline files, i.e. that I’m using the Windows synchronization tool when the drive is not available.

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.