PHP not working
Posted by: Ack (---.bflony.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 22, 2005 01:17AM

I installed wamp on a server with 3 different partitions. I have EasyPHP installed and working great on one partition, and i installed wamp on a different partition and everything works great except that any php files i upload won't run. The only php file that works is index.php. Even phpmyadmin won't work. Anyone know what is wrong?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: PHP not working
Date: December 22, 2005 01:24AM

And the server is set to run on port 85.

Posted by: Romain Bourdon (---.w193-251.abo.wanadoo.fr)
Date: December 22, 2005 09:20AM

No, strange behaviour. Are you using <? or <?php for your scripts?

Date: December 22, 2005 03:04PM

<?php

But now the index.php won't work either.

Posted by: Romain Bourdon (---.w193-251.abo.wanadoo.fr)
Date: December 22, 2005 03:08PM

What error do you get exactly?

Romain

Date: December 22, 2005 03:31PM

A 500 error, but i figured out what was wrong. It wasn't the php it was an error with a .htaccess file i had. Thanx for listening anyways.

Posted by: michael (---.cust.wildblue.net)
Date: January 03, 2006 02:14AM

i wrestled with trying to get a windows server running on a new machine so that the server would fly whether booted into windows or linux... i gave up after editing php.ini didn't effect phpinfo() even though it was the only php.ini file on the whole system and definitely was being used to initialize apache. anyhow, i wanted to do it manually but had seen wamp5 along the way. i just gave up and installed wamp5...

... and everything appears to be going great except for there is no php preprocessing above the 'www' directory, just as stated at the top of this thread.

i am using <? syntax rather than <?php however by default and have never had issues before with my content...

so basicly i think my real question is what i should be doing rather than <?

i definitely don't intend to edit all of my material so i need to set the service up to recognize php as the default script.

for the future i might look into making individual documents more explicit by stating php as the default script at the top of the doc... but for now i need to get this to work.

anyhow, thanks wamp5 for making windows just a bit less frustrating than it was!

sincerely,

michael

PS: this is off topic i realize but for a quickie, with a previous install i used phpmyadmin to change the root mysql password and this cause the system to break saying that it was still set for not using a password even though i could login to mysql on the command line with the password. anyhow i changed the phypadmin config file i think to use http password verification... that worked for phpmyadmin, but if i tried to get back to the root directory (index.php) that would cause the server to crash with a debug/dump dialog. -michael

Posted by: sukhdev singh (---.exatt.net)
Date: January 03, 2006 11:13PM

i am using wamp 1.44 work fine but i have installed wamp 1.60 php script not working , like ( php not installed ) only show all script as is, Anyone know what is wrong?

regards

Posted by: Anthony (---.ipt.aol.com)
Date: January 06, 2006 11:03PM

in your php.ini config try changing:

short_open_tag

set it to 'On' , That may solve the problem of the <? tags.

Posted by: sukhdev singh (---.exatt.net)
Date: January 11, 2006 09:18AM

Thanks Anthony

PHP now working

work fine after config in php.ini

short_open_tag = on

regards

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.