Require all granted not working
Posted by: bs580 (186.14.58.---)
Date: June 30, 2015 04:41AM

Hello.

I'm having a problem getting my WAMP install online. The icon goes green, but anyone trying to access any folder inside / (my IP) from the default port (80) gets 403 Forbidden.

Here's what I've tried so far to no avail:

- Use Put Online in the icon. It changes Require local to Require all granted correctly in the httpd.conf file in <Directory "c:/wamp/www/">.
- Set the value myself then restart all the services.
- Give the Everyone group specific read access to the www folder.
- Forward my 80 port to my IP in the router.
- Specify the other computer's IP in Require ip.

Nothing works.

I'm using Windows 7 SP1 64 bit.

My WAMP version is 2.5. Apache is 2.4.9. PHP is 5.5.12.

I don't know what else to do, I've searched for over 3 hours and no solution I find from google works (most of them tell me to either forward the port or set Require all granted, which I already did).

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Require all granted not working
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: June 30, 2015 04:49PM

If you have forwarded the router correctly then you should see something in the apache access log or the apache error log. In the error log probably you shouldl see the extenal ip address and an message saying rejected due to server configuration.

Its possible that your ISP is blocking port 80 so to test if thats the case

1. change your routers port forwarding so that incoming port 8888 is forwarded to port 80 on your WAMPServer PC (ip address)
Dont change Apache's Listening port leave that at 80.

Now get someone to try accessing your routers WAN ip address like this

'http://11.22.33.44:8888' ( without the single quotes )

This may get through but again check Apache Access and Error logs to see if you see anything from the external ip address.

Report back either way, thanks

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.