Oracle
Posted by: msteudel (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: January 11, 2008 05:21AM

Hi All,

This is my first foray into using any sort of oracle databases. When I enabled the php_oracl.dll and php_ori8.dll through the wammanager, I see the following error in the php_logs:

[10-Jan-2008 20:16:18] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:/wamp/php/ext/php_oci8.dll' - The specified module could not be found.

in Unknown on line 0

[10-Jan-2008 20:16:18] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:/wamp/php/ext/php_oracle.dll' - The specified module could not be found.

in Unknown on line 0

I've verified that the dll's are there, not sure what else to try.

Thanks, Mark

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Oracle oci8_11g dll oci8.dll could not be loaded WAMP
Posted by: oex478 (---.97.133.242.nw.nuvox.net)
Date: June 06, 2012 11:57PM

Hi:

I ran into a similar problem. When I enabled either oci8.dll or oci8_11g.dll in WAMP server 2.2 I kept getting this error or similar in the WAMP apache error log:

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.4.3/ext/php_oci8_11g.dll' - The specified module could not be found.\r\n in Unknown on line 0

I am on Windows 7 64 bit.

Putting the location of the dll on the system path on windows will not solve the problem. Neither is copying the dll from c:\wamp\bin\php\php5.4.3\ext\php_oci8_11g.dll to Systems32 directory.

The solution: Go to Oracle site. Download the oracle instant client for Windows7 64 bit. (if yours is 32 bit then download the 32 bit version). After you install (unzip) the instant client then edit Windows7 system path and add the path of the instant client. In my case I added to the end of the current path the following string

\;C:\Oracle\instantclient_11_2

Then restart your WAMP services. All should be well again. You can confirm this with phpinfo() which you can find the menu when you go to [localhost]

Hope this helps.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.