Wampserver FastCGI
Posted by: awalls (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: May 16, 2012 03:54PM

Is it possible to get a NTS version of PHP5.3 for WampServer. The reason for this is I use Zend Studio for development and in order to use the Zend Debugger PHP5.3 needs to be running as NTS. My WampServer has an install of PHP5.3.10 but it is TS and therefore debugging doesn't work.

I really like WampServer and would like to get a solution for this otherwise I'm going to have to go down the route of Zend Server and I really don't want to have to do this.

I know I would also use Xdebug but I really like the Zend Debugger Toolbar and it's so easy to click debug page in Firefox and it jumps into debug mode in Zend Studio.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wampserver FastCGI
Posted by: stevenmartin99 (Moderator)
Date: May 16, 2012 05:14PM

Yes I have already Built it -

I hope this link is correct > [pampserver.com]

it's a full copy of wamp- not just php - so u will have to uninstall.

It can't be just php because changes to apache are needed to run FAST CGI and changing a PHP Addon can't make changes to Apache.

there are two issue with this.

1. you CANNOT install other apache or php versions into this nts wamp -. if you try , you may break it , and have to reinstall nts wamp again.

2. you CANNOT leave spaces in the install path for wamp
. "c:\wamp server" or "c:\program files" are NOT OK. please use "c:\wamp" or "c:\wampNTS" or "c:\project" or anything else with no " " spaces in it

iv confimred the space issue is a bug in the fcgid wrapper

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2012 10:07PM by stevenmartin99.

Re: Wampserver FastCGI
Posted by: awalls (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: May 21, 2012 10:13AM

Thanks, have tried this over the weekend but found this very buggy. Keeps crashing on me and just not possible to work with.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.