Need to add my web app in to a WAMP Installation
Posted by: infinitewp (---.39.164.122.airtelbroadband.in)
Date: May 09, 2012 07:58AM

Hi,

I have been using WAMP for as long as I remember and its really awesome. I have developed a web app with PHP and MySQL. I was wondering if I can integrate it into WAMP so that my app is installed automatically when my users install WAMP.

Is this doable?

I would feature WAMP. It should get a good exposure, since my APP is free and the user base is growing rapidly.

[infinitewp.com] - You can take a look here.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks
David.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Need to add my web app in to a WAMP Installation
Posted by: stevenmartin99 (Moderator)
Date: May 09, 2012 10:04AM

its possible.

but Wamp doesnt really need exposure, its downloaded ALOT , and its Opensource so i dont think it would be to anyones advantage.

i can recompile wamp to contain your product, but it takes time and i cant do it for free.

your probably better off losing the wamp branding, and bulding your own product.... i can modify it to anyway you like, iv done it before for a few companys and rebranded it for them.

i cant find the post,, but i did write instructions for compiling it again if you wanna search for it.

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Posted by: infinitewp (---.152.164.122.airtelbroadband.in)
Date: May 09, 2012 03:13PM

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the prompt response. It would be great if you could link me to the post (if you find em)

How much would it cost to recompile WAMP with my product?

Thanks
David.

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (Moderator)
Date: May 09, 2012 03:34PM

If u just want it compiled into wamp - maybe 25 euro?

To rebrand it , modify menu, change versions etc - 50 - 100 euro

Found a link with instructions I wrote. >> [forum.wampserver.com]

As written on my site keep in mind

Custom builds of wampserver are available on request ( fees will apply based on time spent building the source, compiling and testing). This does not affect your rights of Free Software as stated in the GPL License, nor does it remove your obligation to follow the GPL License including the need to supply source code of your custom build if required. This does not mean you cannot charge for the use of your binary and distribution of the source code , as noted in the differentiation of free, freedom and financially free stated in the GPL Licence.

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.