error - Aestan Tray Menu
Posted by: p4md4 (---.telecel.com.py)
Date: May 21, 2015 03:40AM

Hello,

I have the following error when trying to change the listening port.
first I make a copy of the files that I'll change,
wampmanager.ini - copy
wampmanager.tpl - copy

now I change the url "localhost" to "localhost: 8080"
and I have the following error capture,

I put everything back as the original, but not the wampserver get to work.

I was looking for some possible solutions in San Google, but all point to that I have to download a package from the Microsoft website.
These are some of the url I have consulted:

[www.mailxmail.com]
[forum.wampserver.com]

but after following the procedure suggested, I have not managed to run wampserver. Everything indicates that this is a random error, I am using windows 7 32 bits.

from now, thank you very much!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: error - Aestan Tray Menu
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: May 21, 2015 09:59AM

Hi,

Delete all changes and reset all the files exactly as they were originally.

Please answer to: READ BEFORE YOU ASK A QUESTION

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: May 21, 2015 03:25PM

Hello,
Thanks for the prompt response.
Exactly I miss me mention that the error message comes after the installation successful, taking the green button.
In the etc / hosts I have: 127.0.0.1 localhost
I proceed to put in stop, make the change by editing the files necessary to change the port, restart services. So far so good.
The problem arises when I close the wampserver (out), and I want to access the application again.
The simplest solution was to reinstall the wampserver; since restoring copies of modified files the problem continues. But I wonder what is causing the problem, because in many forums say that you should install the "Microsoft Redistributable" (the same package and have installed Windows 7 32bit) and now with that is solved, and others suggest uninstalling and clean with "ccleaner" and then reinstall the wampserver.
Sorry for the lengthy post,
Thank you very much for your time.

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: May 21, 2015 04:34PM

Hi,

You have install (or verify correct installation) of Microsoft Visual C++ packages for VC9, VC10 and VC11.
Three packages if you have Windows Vista, 7 or 8 in 32 bit or six packages if you have a 64 bit version of Windows.

--- ENGLISH - Redistributable packages Microsoft Visual C ++
The "old" versions of Wampserver were compiled VC6 (Microsoft Visual C ++ 2005)

Recent versions (thus also that recent version of Apache, PHP or MySQL) are compiled VC9 (Microsoft Visual C++ 2008) VC10 (Microsoft Visual C++ 2010) and even VC11 (Microsoft Visual C++ 2012)
We must therefore ensure that you have installed the latest versions of all "package" Microsoft Visual C++

Make sure you are "up to date" in the redistributable packages VC9, VC10 and VC11
Even if you think you are up to date, install as administrator and if message "Already installed", validate Repair.

The following packages (VC9, VC10, VC11) are imperatively required to Wampserver 2.4 and 2.5, even if you use only Apache and PHP versions VC11.
    VC13 Packages (While we're at it ... but it is not required.)
    Windows 7 Service Pack 1; Windows 8; Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1; Windows Server 2012; Windows Vista Service Pack 2
    The two files VSU4\vcredist_x86.exe and VSU4\vcredist_x64.exe to be download are on the same page:
    Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013

if you have a 64-bit Windows, you must install both 32 and 64bit versions, even if you do not use Wampserver 64 bit.

It may be that if you were not "up to date" with the redistributable packages VC9, VC10 and VC11 before installing WampServer, it has not been properly installed and that even this update does not resolve your problem. We must therefore uninstall Wampserver and verify that both services and wampmysqld wampapache no longer exist - if necessary remove them, see Note 1.
Restart the machine and install Wampserver.

(Note 1) To suppress a service:
Star, Execute, Type : "SC DELETE <name of service>"
Or open a command window As an administrator and type the command above in this window. It is imperative that service delete commands are carried out as Administrator , otherwise the deletions will not occur.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2015 06:48PM by Otomatic.

Date: May 22, 2015 01:30AM

Hello,
It was apparently missing updates that Windows Update perform today.
It was a curious thing, changing a single line in the configuration file affect the operation of the entire installation wampserver.

Problem solved,

Many thanks for your time

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.