Accessing WAMP across the network - localhost seems to be hardcoded
Posted by: Raghu Kanchustambham (---.11.57-152.dsl-blr.eth.net)
Date: December 17, 2005 04:43AM

Hi Romain,
I have been using wamp 1.4.4 on my development machine for quite long and had absolutely no problems when I was accessing from the same machine (localhost).

However, now I deployed wamp on the deployment server. When I try to access phpmyadmin from across the network, I am having problems. I think the problem is that a lot of links are hardcoded to localhost instead of taking a relative url. For example, the images (phpmyadmin logo etc) do not appear because they seem to be trying to pick it up from localhost instead of the server ip that wamp is running on. And if no wamp server is running on the client machine, they just dont show up. Similar is the case with the list of tables etc... that frame is not getting loaded because I suspect that also is looking at localhost and not the relative url for that frame.

Please suggest if there is some setting in some ini file to rectify this problem. I am not even sure if this is a WAMP server problem or if this is a PhpMyAdmin problem.

Thanks much.
Best Regards,
Raghu

Re: Accessing WAMP across the network - localhost seems to be hardcoded
Posted by: Pete (---.bulldogdsl.com)
Date: December 21, 2005 10:12AM

In WWW>phpmyadmin> there is a config file which contains the locations of phpMyAdmin startup. You need to change these.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.