#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) when trying to access phpAdmin
Posted by: ddunn935 (---.lightspeed.stlsmo.sbcglobal.net)
Date: March 25, 2012 10:27PM

Ok bear with me guys because i'm a little frustrated. I keep getting this error message when trying to access phpAdmin whatever. It just started happening out of no where for some reason. No, i never put a password for mySQL or anything on my WAMPserver so i'm thinking it may be a problem on their end. I do not want to edit any hosts files because i shouldn't have to after a clean install when i never put any passwords in the first place. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thank you

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: #1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) when trying to access phpAdmin
Posted by: stevenmartin99 (Moderator)
Date: March 26, 2012 12:00AM

how should you know what you shouldnt need to do?

if your hosts file is wrong - it must be fixed. Microsoft do make mistakes.

but this isnt your issue - im guessing your wamp icon is ornage. because you already have a copy of Mysql installed... if you dont - then you must have set a password

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Re: #1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) when trying to access phpAdmin
Posted by: ddunn935 (---.lightspeed.stlsmo.sbcglobal.net)
Date: March 26, 2012 03:02AM

You're right. Once again sorry for my impatience and rudeness lol i apparently set a password last time and it was a common one i used and it logged me into MySQL. I guess my question now is, why didn't the password reset when i uninstalled and installed it back again? IS it because of the registry?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.