wampserver (W8) localhost issue
Posted by: songboy (---.range109-145.btcentralplus.com)
Date: May 14, 2015 01:49PM

This issue has been referred to before but, having read other posts I am no clearer or closer to solving my issue.
Simply, when I click localhost on the WAMP dropdown I go straight to the index page on localhost. This is the same for phpmyadmin. This is what you'd expect. If I click on my projects from the dropdown and choose one, a 404 happens. If I go into the index and attempt to get one of my projects from there, the same failure occurs.
It won't load my own projects in the WWW folder. However, if I type localhost/myproject into the address bar, the projects appear. So, here's the issue: localhost works with index.php and phpmyadmin but not the projects.
By the way:
WAMP is listening on Port 80 (I've checked),
I've checked the server entry on Dreamweaver.

Is there actually, a definitive answer to this problem?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: wampserver (W8) localhost issue
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: May 14, 2015 02:23PM

Hi,

You have to use VirtualHost: [forum.wampserver.com]

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: May 16, 2015 12:29PM

Hi Otomatic -

I have very carefully followed the Virtual Host set up advice. Annoyingly, it has not worked. Here's what has and has not happened.

1. The WAMPHOSTSUBMENU does not show underneath My Projects (I have created the virtuals as instructed),

2. Previously, when you clicked on a project name on the index page, the localhost opener did not appear in the address bar and this resulted in a 404. Now, when you click on a project, you don't leave the index page - you don't go anywhere (so something has actually changed but not for the better).

I have double checked all alterations and they appear to be as advised.

Can you advise what might still be the issue?

Date: May 16, 2015 11:42PM

Hello again -

I must apologise.

I had changed httpd.conf (build) file. I have now altered the httpd (conf) file. My project files are now links to the actual files within the folders.

However, the WAMPVHOSTSUBMENU parameter is still not showing.

I did a trial, by trying to remove the WAMPPROJECTSUBMENU to see if anything was happening but it was still showing in the manager dropdown. This instruction isn't achieving anything.

As the WAMPHOSTSUBMENU does not show, I must assume that the virtual host arrangement isn't functioning either.

Any explanations would be appreciated.

Date: May 17, 2015 07:41PM

I've now got it all working.

Oddly, the only thing I changed was this:

;WAMPPROJECTSUBMENU ;WAMPVHOSTSUBMENU

to

;WAMPPROJECTSUBMENU
;WAMPVHOSTSUBMENU

Even that didn't work at first but when I turned on the computer today, the new submenu appeared.

Sorted!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.