WAMP icon is orange!?
Posted by: thebasix (---.dynamic.amis.hr)
Date: May 12, 2015 05:31PM

I googled for a solution but couldn't found one. So my WAMP 64b is orange. My port 80 is free and used only by Apache. I've tried 32b version, but it's still the same. Skype is not running, unchecked skype for using port 443 and 80. I can access homepage of WAMP by clicking "localhost" from WAMP icon. But access to myphpadmin is denied. Im using Kaspersky AV and I checked firewall settings and everything looks good there regarding WAMP.

What else could I try?

1 - Win7
2 - Wamp 2.5 64bit
3 - Apache Version 2.4.9
4 - PHP Version 5.5.12
5 - MySQL Version 5.6.17
6 - Orange icon

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2015 05:46PM by thebasix.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WAMP icon is orange!?
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: May 13, 2015 10:15AM

Hi,

I'll try to explain in English that is not my language.
The list of checks to be made are there, but in French. I put the link anyway: [forum.wampserver.com]

> But access to myphpadmin is denied and icon orange...
You use Wampserver 2.5 64bit. Orange icon = wampmysqld64 service not started.
First thing to is to clear a little problem: In the file wamp/bin/mysql/mysql5.1.17/my.ini replace
[wampmysqld]
by
[wampmysqld64]
Indeed, so that MySQL can function properly, it is necessary that the name of the MySQL server is the same as the service name.

After that, clear the logs files wamp/logs/apache_error.log, mysql.log and php_error.log then launch Wampserver.
If the icon is always orange, see errors in the logs files and in the Event Viewer.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.