MySQL Remote problem
Posted by: ken11 (---.rdsnet.ro)
Date: May 12, 2015 12:23AM

Hello!
I'm trying to connect from another pc at my MySQL database. When I test the connection says: "mysql_connect(): A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.". On another PC with older MySQL says "interrupted system call". I tried everything what I found. Nothing. The server is seen... And yes, I have read the rule before.
Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: MySQL Remote problem
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: May 12, 2015 10:22AM

Hi,

You need to create a MySQL user with ip adresse of the PC the user comes from as host.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: May 12, 2015 01:01PM

I did and this.

[s3.postimg.org]

[s3.postimg.org]

Sorry for my PHP My Admin set in Romanian language.

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: May 13, 2015 10:26AM

Hi,

If you want to connect to PhpMyAdmin from another network PC, you have to authorize the IP of this PC.
Modify the wamp/alias/phpmyadmin.conf file.
Replace
  <IfDefine APACHE24>
    Require local
  </IfDefine>
by
  <IfDefine APACHE24>
    Require all granted
  </IfDefine>
But, in this case everybody can connect to PhpMyAdmin. Il you want to restrict only to some P, replace by
  <IfDefine APACHE24>
    <RequireAny>
      Require local
      Require ip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    </RequireAny>
  </IfDefine>
and replace xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx by the IP of the PC you want to connect from.
If there are another PC you can add IP like xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy zzz.zzz.zzz.zzz

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: May 14, 2015 12:29AM

This think is working, but I still can't connect to database from another PC. I have a game server which is sending some monitoring stuffs into a external mysql database (my PC).

[s2.postimg.org]

Here's another example what it says. The host is the address ip of my PC. I did the port forwarding. The website is working just fine everywhere.

Date: May 14, 2015 12:52AM

thing*

I tested now the port 3306 and says "The port is closed". By the looks, the mysql is not seen. Something is locking the connection and I don't know what. I allowed the mysql, wamp, apache etc. in firewall, in router i have port forwarding from 80 to 30000 on this PC and still nothing.

Date: May 16, 2015 09:47PM

No solutions?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.