Unable to Start Wampserver
Posted by: gtfisher (208.48.2.---)
Date: March 29, 2010 08:44PM

Hi,

I just installed and re-installed Wampserver 2 several times, and am still unable to start it. I get the following error from the Visual Studio debugger:

"An unhandled win32 exception occurred in php-win.exe"

And the Wampserver systemi tray icon has a little lock on it and nothing happens when you click on it. I do have another PHP installation which I use for IIS projects (I need to add a Wordpress blog to a .NET CMS project). Ever since I got PHP working on IIS, none of my projects running on Wampserver (on a different Port) will run. I just get blank pages. So I decided to re-install Wampserver, and this error is the result I'm getting.

Does anyone know how I can get Wampserver running again without disturbing my IIS instance of PHP? Seems that there is a conflict here.

Thanks,
Garrett

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Unable to Start Wampserver
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: March 30, 2010 12:51AM

by default, php will look for its default location; thus, both php-iis and php-wamp are looking for same php.ini; not quite sure if you can change path in php-iis but you can setup custom php.ini for wamp; however, it's not simple to post in 1 step or 2

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: gtfisher (---.rdns.blackberry.net)
Date: March 30, 2010 01:25PM

Yes well how does one Change PHP's default location? Or, better yet, how do I get rid of this error and start up Wampserver? I thought Wamp used it's own local version of PHP and MySQL? The last time I installed it, it didn't mess with my existing installations of Either of these. If I could get it running, then at least I could mess around with the settings, but I'm getting errors even starting it. Right now, I have no webserver. Please advise me on what you would do? Should I uninstall PHP and MySQL and Wamp and start over, or...?

//Garrett

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: March 31, 2010 03:49AM

easy step is uninstall php add-on for iis and configure iis to look for php in wamp instead

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2010 03:50AM by yfastud.

Posted by: zeromiledesign (---.dsl.frsn01.pacbell.net)
Date: May 24, 2011 06:41PM

Once I figured out which php.ini was in use (c:\php52\php.ini) I un-commented the extension entries for php_mysql.dll and php_mysqli.dll. This caused the "unhandled win32" error.

However, after implicitly setting the extension dll's to load from the WAMP PHP extension folder it works!

extension=C:/wamp/bin/php/php5.3.5/ext/php_mysql.dll
extension=C:/wamp/bin/php/php5.3.5/ext/php_mysqli.dll

I have no idea if this opens up a security problem or enables communism in third world countries but my phpmyadmin is working now smiling smiley

Posted by: bachatu (8.10.6.---)
Date: March 05, 2012 11:16PM

Hi how did you find out which php.ini was in use?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.