Serving 2 different sites from 2 separate machines?
Posted by: freespirit (---.171.125.91.dyn.plus.net)
Date: February 28, 2012 02:34PM

is this possible? The basic setup of WAMP with my Business website in root folder and Personal website in subweb means all image folders in the business and subweb folders show up in google images and I assume this is because the sites are served from the same machine. How do I serve a business website and a personal website through 1 router from separate machines or ip addresses? This is the only way I can think of to keep business files and personal files from showing up in google when entering url from one site or the other. Any advice would be most appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Serving 2 different sites from 2 separate machines?
Posted by: stevenmartin99 (Moderator)
Date: February 28, 2012 02:36PM

no you only need one copy of wamp..

but you need to set up vhosts so that the domains get sperated into different folders on the same machine

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Re: Serving 2 different sites from 2 separate machines?
Posted by: freespirit (---.171.125.91.dyn.plus.net)
Date: February 28, 2012 03:08PM

omg... talking to the King. You're like a celebrity and I feel honoured, sorry if I sound creepy.. anyway
thanks for replying.

Ive read closely vhosts setup on here and on other sites and attempted several times, but keep making mistakes and as a result have had to take sites offline. I am not efficient with tech language and reading guidance notes on Apache site is just making me go blind. I just want a basic step by step guide of vhosts setup on wamp. I fresh installed wamp with no changes to configs with view to starting from scratch. I have just business web in www folder. I do use no-ip, and the web urls for each site do reflect the nature of each one (http://businesssite.serveblog.net and [Personalsite.serveblog.net]) but obviously come through one router and one port 80 to one machine, and only Business site serves up.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.