php.ini is blank and phpmyadmin error
Posted by: anishgiri (---.cebookshop.com)
Date: May 06, 2015 02:58AM

When I run phpmyadmin, I get this error.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_detect_encoding() in C:\wamp\apps\phpmyadmin4.1.14\libraries\php-gettext\gettext.inc on line 177

I check this directory C:\wamp\bin\apache\apache2.4.9\bin, the php.ini is blank. Why it is blank? How can I solve this problem?

I can run other codes that is not using mysql. So I think the issue here is ony phpmyadmin.

I check php.ini at C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.5.12 and extension=php_mbstring.dll is uncommented

How can I solve this problem?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: php.ini is blank and phpmyadmin error
Posted by: anishgiri (---.cebookshop.com)
Date: May 06, 2015 05:30AM

phpmyadmin is now running. With phpinfo The Loaded Configuration File points to C:\wamp\bin\apache\apache2.4.9\bin\php.ini. It should be pointing to \wamp\bin\php\php5.5.12\phpForApache.ini right? How can I solve this issue?

As I told php.ini under bin\apache folder is blank(nothing you can see). So I copy pasted phpForApache.ini contents to php.ini of bin\apache\apache2.4.9.

Why there is phpForApache.ini and two other php.ini under php folder and apache folder?

Re: php.ini is blank and phpmyadmin error
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: May 06, 2015 10:19AM

Anish,

With phpinfo The Loaded Configuration File points to C:\wamp\bin\apache\apache2.4.9\bin\php.ini. It should be pointing to \wamp\bin\php\php5.5.12\phpForApache.ini right? How can I solve this issue?

No, it should be pointing to \wamp\bin\apache\apache2.4.9\bin\php.ini
Part of the PHP switching feature will copy the \wamp\bin\php\php5.5.12\phpForApache.ini to \wamp\bin\apache\apache2.4.9\bin\php.ini.
Well actually in WAMPServer 2.5 it does not copy it, it creates a SYMLINK ( Junction ) called \wamp\bin\apache\apache2.4.9\bin\php.ini that points to \wamp\bin\php\php5.5.12\phpForApache.ini
When you look at it with explorer ( not ie ) it should have a ( type of SYMLINK )

On initial install the file \wamp\bin\apache\apache2.4.9\bin\php.ini actually exists as a file i.e. a copy of \wamp\bin\php\php5.5.12\phpForApache.ini

SOLUTION:
Using wampmanager icon menus do -

wampmanager -> Apache -> Version -> 2.4.9 ( click on the version number ) this will rebuild the SYMLINKS for this and other files in \wamp\bin\apache\apache2.4.9\bin

Try this:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2015 04:16PM by Otomatic.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.