HELP: Deleted Wamp and lost all my website
Posted by: chloe (41.242.125.---)
Date: May 02, 2015 08:33AM

Hi,

Where to start...

I had some problems with filezilla and wampserver to host my website and after 18 hours of searching all around the internet I finally deleted Wamp to reinstall it...

BUT, being a complete newbie, I didn't backup my files and just moved the wordpress file elsewhere, believing it'd do the trick. Obviously it did not and when I tried to open Wordpress from the freshly reinstalled Wamp I was faced with a totally empty wordpress.

Now... I am lucky enough to not have deleted the old wamp files from my bin. The thing is, I used Unlocker to delete the old wamp since it didn't want me to deleted it manually, so now I have the old Wamp files back but in the messiest way possible (all files are basically not in their right folder)

But yes, I got everything back from the bin...

How can I recover everything and get my website back? Please be specific because I'm a total newbie as you can read...

Thanks a lot!

Re: HELP: Deleted Wamp and lost all my website
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: May 02, 2015 09:50AM

Bonjour,

Ou vous postez uniquement dans le forum francophone, ou vous postez uniquement dans le forum anglophone, mais pas dans les deux en même temps.
Choisissez.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Posted by: jacquesvds (---.158-130-109.adsl-dyn.isp.belgacom.be)
Date: May 02, 2015 10:49AM

You had to back your data up before wiping your c:/wamp directory

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: May 02, 2015 03:02PM

Chloe,

This is just an impossible question.

Its now clear what you do have and what you dont, so the best you will get is guesses.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: May 02, 2015 03:19PM

Thanks RiggsFolly.

One last question: I used a Wordpress theme. Is there a way I can see the text content (I mean, my copywriting) somewhere in the files?

Date: May 02, 2015 03:24PM

Chloe,

If you still have access to your old wamp\bin\mysql\mysqlx.y.z\data folder you should be able to get the data back.

But it is not clear from your question exactly what you managed to save and what you deleted

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: May 02, 2015 03:40PM

Basically I deleted the entire WAMP folder (which I thought did not work) without saving up my data, installed a new WAMP and moved the www folder from the deleted WAMP to the new WAMP folder.

But as I said I did NOT empty my bin, so I was able to get ALL my files back. Now I have the old WAMP folder (with my data in it) and the new one (without my data)

The thing is that my database is scattered (there are files everywhere, not in their original folder) and I don't know which files were initially in C:\wamp\bin\mysql\mysql5.x.xx\data

Please understand that I have never coded in my life, I'm completely new to this.

Date: May 02, 2015 09:53PM

Chloe,

I cannot help if I cannot buld an image in my mind of what you have actually done and what is where.

Any change you could install TeamViewer and let me have a look at what is actually left after what you did.

If so send me a Private Message with the teamViewer ID and PASSWORD so I can connect.

Dont put the ID and PASSWORD in a normal reply

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.