wamp causes dreamweaver not to preview
Posted by: mike (81.199.4.---)
Date: December 13, 2005 07:55AM

hi romain,
i recently installed wamp on my computer and since i'm not able to preview the pages i'm working on. i've tried ALL configurations suggested in the help index.
can you assure me that wamp is absolutely syable?
i'm considering uninstalling wamp and instead using iis, then separately installing php and mysql.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: wamp causes dreamweaver not to preview
Posted by: Romain Bourdon (---.fbx.proxad.net)
Date: December 13, 2005 08:55AM

did you try to access [localhost]?
Do you have a firewall?
Or maybe Skype running on port 80?

Romain

Posted by: mike (81.199.4.---)
Date: December 13, 2005 11:57AM

hi romain,
this is mike again, i've tried accessing localhost and it returns an error "error 400-bad request", i have the windows firewall turned on.
trying to access localhost,phpmyadmin and SQLiteManager from the wamp5 menu from the system tray also returns the same error.
what could be the matter?
how can i check the port wamp is running?

Date: December 13, 2005 12:35PM

port 80. Your firewall must be opened on that port if you want WAMP to work.

Romain

Getting the mail() function to work
Posted by: miss aida (---.net.my)
Date: December 14, 2005 04:11AM

Hello,

I'm having a problem regarding mail function. The error is shown as below:

Warning: mail() [function.mail]: Failed to connect to mailserver at "localhost" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set() in c:\wamp\www\orderform\formengine.php on line 68

I'm assuming this has something to do with my settings in php.ini and my lack of a email server application. In php.ini, i changed the SMTP from localhost to mail.example.com.my. But, I couldnt find the smtp_port in my php.ini. I have tried changing the mail function to ini_set(), but couldnt understand the function. Help!?

Thanks , if you're listening.

Re: Getting the mail() function to work
Date: December 14, 2005 09:04AM

You need to set arealsmtp server (smtp.provider.com) and to set the sendmail_from directive (delete the ; and chage the value).

Romain

Posted by: sabin (220.248.70.---)
Date: February 08, 2006 04:18PM

i also have the similar problem. i installed latest wamp server. but i cant access localhost. i just cant!!
is it maybe i have visual studio?? please help me

Posted by: katsuey (---.kc.res.rr.com)
Date: February 08, 2006 04:24PM

As already stated, you have to have port 80 unblocked and available.

Date: February 08, 2006 04:26PM

also when i do not run the wamp server and try to access localhost, "the page can not be displayed" comes in no time.
but if the server is running it takes forever to load the page and the same message comes after a long time maybe after 3 mins.

Date: February 08, 2006 04:29PM

how would i know if the port 80 is unblocked?
i tried stopping my NOD32 firewall, doesnt work!!
any other things i should do?

Posted by: katsuey (---.kc.res.rr.com)
Date: February 08, 2006 10:59PM

Sorry Sabin, I'm not versed enough to know how you know which ports are being used. But I do know that IF you have firewall or IIS or another type of UNIX or Apache server running, it is probably using port 80.

Can you shut down any of these types of programs with servers?

Also, going back to Mike's original question/statement - The only way you can preview pages in DW is if you have put that web in the WAMP/www folder. You still can't use the DW preview button. You have to navigate to [localhost] - at the bottom of the localhost home page, you will find a linked list to all your projects in the WAMP/www folder

Posted by: sabin (220.248.71.---)
Date: February 09, 2006 06:14AM

is it possible to run wamp on some random port like 233 or 1234 something like this?
and another question, how do i change this configuration of wamp?

Posted by: Jacky (---.bulldogdsl.com)
Date: March 04, 2006 09:28PM

Hi Roman
I am having trouble getting WAMP running. I am using the directions in [movielibrary.lynda.com] I have installed WAMP and the php add on as directed. About 4 5th of the way through he talks about a virtual host and tells me that I have to change my HTTP Config file although he seems to miss it out in the online version.

Apache is not turned on. If I hover over it says one of 2 running and in Apache the start etc are greyed out. Hitting start or install make no difference. What can I do?

I need to be able to use Dreamweaver with WAMP with IIS and I also need skype open I also use VOIP as they are currently giving national calls in the UK foc.

Firstly is this possible and secondly where can I find a dummies guide to get it loaded. I would willingly pay someone to load it for me as I have spent three days trying to find out.

Any help gratefully received.

Jacky Kenna
London

Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: March 05, 2006 04:37AM

do you have skype installed? do you have a firewall? make sure the firewall is not blockign apache from running. do you have IIS installed?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.