WampServer won't start up!! Here are some solutions to that problem.
Posted by: georgebaker (---.hknqu1.dynamic.dsl.tele.dk)
Date: January 31, 2012 10:51PM

Hey guys,

I have tried many times during my use of WampServer over the last few year having problems starting up WampServer and the problem in my case always seems to be the ApacheServer that wouldn't start, so i have collected a few things that can cause the problem.

Here are the things that i check when i cannot start WampServer/ApacheServer:

By default Skype use port 80 to communicate through. To change the port to anything other than 80 in Skype, open Skype go to “tools”, “Advanced”, “Connection”. Uncheck “Use port 80 & 443…..”. Set a check mark “use port “55237” for incoming connections"

If you have TeamViewer running you have the same problem, it also use port 80 to communicate through. To fix that go to “Extras”, “Options”, “Advanced”. Click at “Show Advanced Options”. Under the section called “Advance network settings” remove the check mark at “Don’t use incoming ports 80 and 443”. Click ok and restart TeamViewer.

If TeamViewer is not running but you still cannot start the Apache service then go to “Control panel”, “Administrative Tools”, “Services”. Find the TeamViewer service and restart it. That worked for me once.

If none of the above solutions works, try this.(it’s normally when you’re using web server like the “ISS” from Microsoft or in my case after I had been using “Visual Studio 2010” or “Expression Web 4”, I’m not sure which one caused the problem.

Stop and disable the following services:
WebClient
Web Deployment Agent Service
Microsoft .NET Framework NGEN.

Restart your computer(i didn't, but it's always a good thing to do)

Hope it help some of you smiling smiley

Georgebaker

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.