WAMP refuses to start
Posted by: x_Stricken_x (---.direcpc.com)
Date: January 04, 2012 10:21PM

I recently formatted a hard drive I had, re-installed XP and installed WampServer. A very old WampServer (2.0i if I'm not mistaken). But, upon realizing a new version was available, uninstalled it before I started coding anything. But now with the latest version of WampServer, I can't even get the menu (taskbar icon) to startup, it just keeps opening and showing in the tray for a second, closing itself and saying an error occured and it had to quit.

Also, not sure if it will help, but trying to start Apache, MySQL, or PHP manually all fail - saying the application isn't configured properly. Can anyone help me with any of these problems??

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WAMP refuses to start
Posted by: Radiomedia2 (113.111.169.---)
Date: January 06, 2012 03:08AM

I recently formatted a hard drive I had, re-installed XP and installed WampServer. A very old WampServer (2.0i if I'm not mistaken)r4 But, upon realizing a new version was available, uninstalled it before I started coding anything. But now with the latest version of WampServer, I can't even get the menu (taskbar icon) to startup, it just keeps opening and showing in the tray for a second, closing itself and saying an error occured and it had to quit.

WampServer 2.0r4 cardps3 jb2ps3 jb2

Yea, this is quite an old one.

Have you uninstalled it totally?

R4R4
Crown3DS
R4 3DS

Re: WAMP refuses to start
Posted by: x_Stricken_x (---.direcpc.com)
Date: January 06, 2012 05:11AM

Yes I did, even removed the old wamp folder (C:/wamp/) completely. I also (before uninstalling) ran the service stop/remove scripts just to make sure no services were left when I tried to reinstall (or upgrade, basically).

WAMP is not starting
Posted by: nexus1985 (---.rv.ipnxtelecoms.com)
Date: January 07, 2012 01:03PM

Hi folks, I recently downloaded WAMPserver 2.2a to my desktop and unzipped it and followed all the installation procedures to the end. But when I clicked on the icon to start it, it brings up an error saying "Aestan Tray Menu has stopped working." Please what do I do? I need help.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.