User Limit / IP Filtering
Posted by: joe.afusco (---.105.191.82.ptr.us.xo.net)
Date: November 30, 2011 05:26PM

Very new at this. I'm looking at creating a website for users to log in, and manipulate records on my database. I am looking at learning how to use a WAMP server to complete this task. However, I have had a few questions that I can't seem to find the answers to. I'd like to gather as much information as I can before jumping into this, and it not panning out.

Is there a limit to the amount of users logged into a WAMP server? As it stands, there would be approximately 30 users needing access at once, however this number will increase in the future.

Is there a way to set up limits to only allow connections if the user has a specific IP address?

My other concern is about hardware. I would be initially setting this up on my desktop, which is decently powerful. Is there an ideal set of performance specs I should look into? The other thing to look at would be the internet connection that it is running off of. I'm not sure of the current internet speed, but again, should I be aiming for a certain upload speed?

Thanks for any help!

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.