Can't Get Wampserver Working On Vista64 Machine
Posted by: lyleb (---.ok.shawcable.net)
Date: November 21, 2011 11:10PM

I installed wampserver 2.2 on a Win64 machine. I'm running the machine behind a D-Link router. The wampserver icon is orange and has never been green. Clicking on Localhost, phpMyAdmin and webGrind gives me the standard "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" error. When I go to Apache/Service in the Wampmanager, the Start/Resume Service option is always green. The Stop Service option is greyed out. When I test port 80 using the Wampserver manager, it tells me that "You port 80 is not actually being used." When I got to MySQL/Service, the Stop Service option is red and the Start/Resume Service option is greyed out.

I'm new to this, but the above tells me that there is a problem with the Apache configuration. Any ideas on what the problem is?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can't Get Wampserver Working On Vista64 Machine
Date: November 22, 2011 01:21AM

lyleb Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I installed wampserver 2.2 on a Win64 machine.
> I'm running the machine behind a D-Link router.
> The wampserver icon is orange and has never been
> green. Clicking on Localhost, phpMyAdmin and
> webGrind gives me the standard "Internet Explorer
> cannot display the webpage" error. When I go to
> Apache/Service in the Wampmanager, the
> Start/Resume Service option is always green. The
> Stop Service option is greyed out. When I test
> port 80 using the Wampserver manager, it tells me
> that "You port 80 is not actually being used."
> When I got to MySQL/Service, the Stop Service
> option is red and the Start/Resume Service option
> is greyed out.
>
> I'm new to this, but the above tells me that there
> is a problem with the Apache configuration. Any
> ideas on what the problem is?

Another comment on the above. When I click on "Diagnose Connection Probems" in Internet Explorer after trying to open localhost, phpMyAdmin and webGrind, I get the message '127.0.0.1 is not set up to establish a connection on port "World Wide Web Service (HTTP)" with this computer.'

Re: Can't Get Wampserver Working On Vista64 Machine
Date: November 22, 2011 08:41PM

I think I've got my wampserver installation working. At least the tray icon is green and the localhost, phpMyAdmin and webGrind are all doing what they're supposed to be doing. I edited the hosts file as suggested elsewhere, but that didn't do anything. I had downloaded PHP 5.2.8 and switched to that version as that is what my production server uses. When I switched back to 5.3.8, the icon went green. However, phpMyAdmin still wouldn't connect. I had an old version of MySQL installed on my machine which I disabled through the services panel and, as soon as I did that, phpMyAdmin was able to connect to MySQL.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.