What does an (Index of/) page mean???
Posted by: barcode27899 (---.shopcandelabra.com)
Date: March 24, 2015 07:24PM

Hi, I am new at this and need some help. What does an (Index of/) page mean after installing your site on WampServer?? Does this mean my document root is not correctly defined? My root directory is here - c:/wamp/www/magento1/html...and my vhosts file has this:

<VirtualHost *:80>
DocumentRoot "c:/wamp/www/magento1"
ServerName candelabralocal
<Directory "c:/wamp/www/magento1">
AllowOverride All
Require local
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

And if I change the document root to (c:/wamp/www/magento1/html) I get an "Internal Error". I followed this excellent "instructional" (http://forum.wampserver.com/read.php?2,127757) to the tee but despite I'm having issues. Can you help me resolve this??? - Thank You.

Index of /
[ICO] Name Last modified Size Description
[DIR] blog/ 2014-06-30 10:15 -
[DIR] iworx-backup/ 2015-03-04 03:13 -
[DIR] media_bak/ 2014-10-24 16:57 -
Apache/2.4.9 (Win32) PHP/5.5.12 Server at magento1 Port 80

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What does an (Index of/) page mean???
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: March 24, 2015 08:20PM

If you get an Index Of page it means that you have pointed your browser at a folder that does not contain an index.php or index.html page.

Possibly the problam is that you installed Magento and then setup the Virtual Host. If thats the case, trow the install away and then do it again into 'http://magento1`

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.